Richard Sunderland, Founder and Executive Chairman of Heavenly Group Ltd.
The Benefit of Brevity – Four Key Takeaways
- Be brave. Don’t lack the confidence to be brief. Too many times, marketers try to over-explain. While there is more “perceived” value in complexity, being brief is more powerful.
- “I have made this letter longer than usual only because I have not had time to make it shorter.” -A pertinent quote from Mark Twain
- It takes more thought to be brief, but in this Attention Deficit Disorder-filled world you need to be, stirring people’s emotions and concisely creating impact.
- More and more companies are considering “Haptic Branding,” the process of recognizing through touch. How would your brand feel? What would it sound like?
Here are the top 5 determining factors of your brand message
- Is it likable?
- Is it ownable? (trademark)
- Is it applicable?
- Is it formidable?
- Is it shareable? (through Social Media and word-of-mouth communication)