CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION, AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING, AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami London and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
Concord Music Publishing represents more than 390,000 copyrighted works spanning all musical genres and including many of the world’s most celebrated compositions by its most legendary creators. Concord Music Publishing is also home to a diverse group of contemporary songwriters and composers creating important and commercially-successful new songs and musical works. Boosey & Hawkes, the world’s leading classical music publisher, and The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization are also business units of Concord Music Publishing.
The chief responsibility of the Brand Director is to oversee all touch points of the Intellectual Property. This includes, the day-to-day management of our partners and licensees including film studios, record labels, first-class productions, and consumer products. In this role, you will provide Brand Management for Rodgers & Hammerstein, Rodgers & Hart, Irving Berlin and Marvin Hamlisch and will be responsible for the “air-traffic control” of licensees and opportunities to maximize exposure and collaboration.
The Brand Director will oversee the day-to-day work of the Theater Brands Marketing and Catalog Development Team and will report to the SVP of Marketing and Catalog Development.
The Brand Director is the connector between various licensees and brand events to raise all tides. Brand oversight should be at the center of all activity to make sure that all partners are on-brand and that we are leveraging audiences to grow our owned audience wherever possible. Audience development is a core metric for success with priority focused on all ventures creating new revenue opportunities.
- Act as internal touch point for brand consistency
- Work with Marketing Department teammates to ensure brand consistency on all content
- Oversee all creative output, including overseeing Graphic Designers, Videographers, Editors and other creative Freelancers
- Day-to-day management of licensees. Connecting licensees with each other and ensuring no licensees initiatives clash execution.
- First Class Productions
- Weekly Meetings
- Film Studios
- Anniversary Campaigns
- Record Labels
- Album releases
- Consumer Products
- Product launch and ongoing support
- Planning and execution
- Conceptualize partnership opportunities that further audience development and brand awareness with a focus on revenue growth
- Project Manage partnerships once approved
- Develop goal driven concepts for marketing events which create exposure, brand awareness and audience development
- Project manage and oversee the execution of the event.
- Oversee digital strategy with the support of the Director of Marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ Years in the Intellectual Property and Licensing industry, preferably in a marketing capacity
- Previous experience managing a marketing team
- Experience with consumer facing legacy brands
- Expertise in Brand Management or Intellectual Property Management
- Deep Knowledge of Musical Theater
- Deep Knowledge of the Music Industry
- Knowledge of digital best practices
- Experience planning partnerships and events
- Business Development background