ChromaDex Corp. is an integrated, global nutraceutical company devoted to improving the way people age. ChromaDex’s scientists partner with leading universities and research institutions worldwide to uncover the full potential of NAD and identify and develop unique, science-based ingredients. Its flagship ingredient, NIAGEN® (nicotinamide riboside), sold directly to consumers as TRU NIAGEN®, is backed with clinical and scientific research, as well as extensive IP protection. TRU NIAGEN® is helping the world AGE BETTER®.
The Brand Strategist is responsible for helping build ChromaDex’ nutraceutical brands and ensuring they are strategically positioned within the marketplace to grow in a rapid, sustainable and profitable way. The incumbent’s primary role will be stewarding the brand development and management of our direct-to-consumer product, TRU NIAGEN.
The right candidate will be responsible for brand strategy, guidelines, and governance, and will also work across business units to make sure all marketing, advertising, product development, creative development, public relations, events, sponsorships, etc., are coordinated and consistently stay on brand.
The successful candidate will be an expert in brand strategy within the consumer healthcare, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, supplements and/or health and beauty product categories with a track record of success in building brand equity and trust across multiple markets and business units.
This individual will also help ChromaDex stay abreast of trends and competitor strategies and help introduce best practice brand strategies to the organization.
Main duties include:
• Act as a brand advocate, thoroughly understanding and communicating the vision of the brand, internally and externally, through deep knowledge of the science behind the product, industry trends, competitive brands, cultural landscape, and target consumers.
• Craft Marketing strategies for the direct-to-consumer business, as well as different business-to-business arms including sales to health care practitioners, sports teams, retail stores, and International markets. • Lead and solidify brand positioning, brand story, guidelines, voice, and claims.
• Gather, analyze and interpret consumer/customer research and trends and translate into actionable strategies. • Conduct competitive research to continually identify gaps/opportunities.
• Set and track targets for high awareness, market share, consumer trust, and favorability.
• Monitor brand performance against objectives and ensure the effective implementation of key brand initiatives and evaluation of success criteria.
• Advise on campaigns from a brand perspective.
• Work with Chief Marketing Officer to drive the development of the brand’s annual business plan.
• Develop and lead strong working relationships with key internal teams including Acquisition Marketing, Creative, Legal, Product Development, Analytics, Retention Marketing, Finance, International, etc.
• Approve all brand materials to make sure brand goals and priorities are met and messaging is consistent and on-brand
• Analyze market trends and attend events, such as trade shows, industry seminars, conferences, etc. to identify new opportunities and challenges and stay current within the industry.
• Oversee all corporate and business-to-business branding efforts.
• Must possess balanced strong analytic, research, creative and strategic skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills, both formal and interpersonally, across a diverse range of audiences
• Superior strategic planning, project and time management skills
• Ability to identify trends to develop changing strategies
• Must be able to handle a diverse workload and work cross-functionally, while efficiently shifting from thinking big to executing the smaller tasks
• Highly-organized with strong attention to detail
• Intellectually curious; results and data-driven
• Proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, rapid changing, high-urgency environment and adapt quickly to the changing atmosphere
• Excellent understanding of the full marketing matrix Training, Education, and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Business required (Master’s degree preferred)
• 5+ years of consumer-oriented, strategic and brand management experience in consumer healthcare, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, supplements and health, and beauty product categories
• Experience with brand positioning/strategy, consumer research and product naming/packaging for a global brand
• Agency or in-house direct to consumer marketing experience Desired Skill/Knowledge:
• International experience with brand management
• Experience marketing to healthcare practitioners and sports teams
• Experience with subscription business models
ChromaDex offers benefits to eligible employees who have met all requirements for enrollment. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k) and more.
ChromaDex maintains a website at www.chromadex.com to which ChromaDex regularly posts copies of its press releases as well as additional and financial information about the Company.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Email a statement of interest, along with your resume, to Caeli Widger, Recruiting Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ChromaDex (and its affiliates) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, national origin, religion, physical handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law