Chief Customer Officer
The role of this executive position, Chief Customer Officer (CCO), is to accelerate company sales and profitable growth by developing and leading the strategic initiatives to integrate cross functional plans of the Marketing, Sales, Technology/Information systems, Purchasing and operational teams to deliver a world class CUSTOMER experience.
This position directly oversees Marketing (customer, product, and inbound marketing), IT, and customer data analytics. The position is responsible for driving growth by using marketing research and a data-driven mind-set in creating a customer-centric focus across the organization through reorienting and reprioritizing our business around customers. In partnership with executive leaders, the CCO influences sales and sales management in how to deliver greatest value to customers, define what customers value, how to determine the differentiating experience to be delivered, determine which customers to invest in and decide where to make investment decisions that provide the highest-impact results for targeted customer groups.
• Sets an inspirational vision and establishes clear objectives, goals and milestones for the customer experience strategy
• Identifies, evaluates and executes technology strategies to improve the end-to-end customer journey, solves lasting persistent obstacles in strategic customer relationships and builds a long-term competitive advantage
• Collects data through marketing research to create customer journeys that capture customer touchpoints, motivations, needs, and pain points to enable us to get in the minds of our customers and create a more effective, efficient and transparent process and experience
• Responsible for creating an online strategy to meet changing needs and demographics of our customers including F2F engagement, customer buying changes, self-service, e-commerce, and current technologies moving from B2C to B2B
• Engages the organization in managing customer relationships, revenue, and profit. Creates a persistent focus on the customer in the actions the company takes. Drives the organization to work together for optimum customer experience delivery. Supports leaders in their role as cultural leaders in the transformation journey
• As a key member of the executive team, drives accountability through cross-company data and metrics. Facilitates the development of the accountability action chain, establishing the approaches and implementation of research to better understand customer loyalty and return on investment (ROI)
• Works with executive team peers to identify baseline metrics for tracking interaction with customers, drives tracking and reporting to get to reliability in key interactions, leads the accountability effort-when to meet with whom to drive accountability, works with leaders on messages, reinforcing, recommendation for recognition and drive culture change forward
• Establishes and maintains key metrics to track, refine, and improve the customer value proposition in market articulation and amplifying key competitive differentiation
• Builds a customer listening path by aligning multiple sources of customer feedback through the stages of the customer journey. Real-time issue trending and tracking (such as complaints), corralling all the surveys and uniting a company-wide approach, optimizing for “listening” pipe opportunities, web, social media field, etc.
• Develops and manages the marketing and IT budgets
SUPERVISORY DUTIES In accordance with applicable policies/procedures and Federal/State laws, may perform the following supervisory responsibilities: Interviewing, hiring orienting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching, succession planning, evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing internal and external complaints and resolving problems.
Provides direct leadership to the following areas:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual need’s in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position
• Bachelor Degree, 10-12+ years work experience, MBA Preferred, Prior Senior level executive experience in developing and implementing Marketing strategies.
• Marketing proficiency in web & mobile strategies to acquire, engage & retain customers.
Familiarity with 3rd party platforms to leverage technology
• Proven experience in technology leadership, customer experience management, creating customer journey mapping, online strategy creation, implementing an ecommerce platform, change management and direct sales
• Ability to think strategically, understand complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions for presentation to CEO/ President and Board for consideration
• Strong staffing, development and appraisal skills
• Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to take prudent risks
• Excellent verbal, written, and executive presentation skills
• Strong customer, quality and results orientation
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels and break down barriers across diverse cultures
• Ability to facilitate progressive change
• Travels as required to meet accountabilities
Mark J. Landay
310 586 1000 & 650 493 2000
Regarding the opportunity at