The Chief Marketing / Communications Officer (CMO) is responsible for setting the strategic direction for marketing and communications of Texas A&M University–Commerce, serving as both a strategist and catalyst for the university marketing/communications initiative. The position reports to the President and has close working relationships with the members of the President’s Advisory Council and University Executive Council.
Required Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree plus seven (7) years of marketing/communications experience of which five (5) years at a managerial level OR in lieu of a degree, eleven (11) years marketing/communications experience of which seven (7) years at a managerial level.
(Previous experience must show successful experience as a manager with the ability to work collaboratively to meet the goals of the institution.)
Successful experience with complex and diverse organizations and working in a fast-paced environment of development and change is critical.
Preferred Education & Experience
Higher education or public sector work experience
Required Special Knowledge, Abilities & Skills
Must demonstrate the ability to successfully relate to others in an inclusive and diverse environment.
Excellent technical skills and project management experience are required.
Individual must demonstrate initiative, collaborative work skills, and ability to engage others in the marketing/communications vision.
Detailed Job Duties
• Responsible for creation and production of University’s alumni magazine working closely with Advancement, faculty, students, and staff
• Develops advertising programs consistent with overall University marketing plans to achieve brand awareness and enrollment goals
• Responsible for digital content and marketing tools such as website governance, development, and maintenance
• Manages and coordinates all internal communications for faculty/staff
• Manages agencies and contracted services/personnel as appropriate to support the work of the unit
• Manages marketing/communication team and provides professional development opportunities to serve the needs of the University
• Works closely with A&M–Commerce colleges and divisions to assess needs and market programs as needed based on overall initiatives
• Responsible for internal advisory group development to support marketing/communication initiatives
• Develops strategic integrated marketing plan to support University Strategic Plan and oversees implementation
• Develops and manages budget to ensure an alignment of priorities and expenditures
• Develops and articulates a vision for the brand to University stakeholders
• Directs media planning and placement strategy including, but not limited to, TV, radio, out of home, print, digital, and other as required to reach target audiences
• Responsible for the university master calendar and event management system
• Other duties as assigned as may be necessary and appropriate
To Apply: https://jobpath.tamu.edu/postings/91340