We are seeking a highly motivated Chief Marketing Officer to drive and develop marketing strategy and execution across the organization. Working with the executive team, this individual will have material input into the company’s corporate strategy, competitive positioning and market analysis to support the company’s aggressive growth goals. The Chief Marketing Officer will report to the CEO, with overall responsibility for market analysis, strategic planning, demand generation, product marketing, customer marketing, pricing, messaging, distribution channel relationships and partnership programs.
As a key role within a dynamic company, the Chief Marketing Officer will lead and continue to build the marketing team across multiple office locations, will be a spokesperson for the company and will interface with senior executives at key customers, the media and industry analysts.
The position will require an innovative leader who is both goal-oriented and passionate, can work with little direction and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. We are looking for a core employee with an ownership mentality that is comfortable in a results-based culture and who will be an active and accountable member of the executive management team.
- Lead the company’s strategic growth plan, including the identification of new market opportunities and/or segments
- Define the company’s total addressable market and outline a go-to-market plan for growing the customer base
- Drive demand in coordination with sales leadership
- Develop and build a marketing plan to increase top-and-bottom line performance of the company’s products and services
- Own the company’s brand and positioning in the market place
- Drive pricing and packaging strategy
- Develop segmentation, competitive analysis/market intelligence
- Develop, measure and report on key metrics around the business including user acquisition, conversion rates, engagement rates, satisfaction and renewal rates and refine go to market activities as required
- 10 – 12 years of marketing leadership experience, ideally in the SaaS technology vertical
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business, MBA a plus
- Superior communications skills (verbal and written), executive presence and successful track record recruiting and developing talent
- Demonstrated experience in building an overall brand architecture with clear and consistent branding execution across a range of diverse products and multiple business segments, ideally in a business-to-business marketplace
- Strong product marketing expertise and the proven ability to conceptualize along with the ability to evangelize and teach marketing principles and practices to all relevant stakeholders throughout the company
- Experience across a broad range of marketing functional roles including global brand management, marketing communications, digital marketing, product management, new product development, and marketing research and analysis.
- Track record of results-oriented achievements and successful strategy execution in a high growth company