Located in Holland, MI, Boxed Water is Better is a fast growing beverage company that offers environmentally friendly yet artistic products. We are on a mission to offer consumers the option to consume portable water in paper, not plastic. We believe in environmentally friendly, balanced living; in having fun while working hard; in learning, growing and giving back. We are looking for an exceptional individual who shares our vision and is up to the challenge of playing a critical role in building a great beverage brand and a new category with the potential for significant personal and professional development.
CMO Position Overview
The CMO will play an influential role within the Boxed Water is Better organization. The CMO will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Boxed Water. Key responsibilities of the CMO will be:
- Works with leadership team to set short and long term strategic marketing objectives to achieve all financial and non-financial goals of the company in a high growth environment.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills are essential. Must feel comfortable wearing many hats and working with limited resources.
- Works closely with Sales to create the company’s marketing plan, incorporating all traditional and non-traditional marketing vehicles.
- Tracks program results with rigor and develops score cards for all programs and events.
- Drives traditional marketing areas such as brand strategy and positioning, creative and copywriting, advertising, public relations, sales collateral, packaging, market research, social media, customer satisfaction / customer experience, data warehouse mining analytics.
- Drives the design and timely enhancements to company website to capitalize on news and events.
- Must have familiarity or experience with messaging across multiple platforms (radio, TV, desktop, internet, mobile, smartphone, tablets etc.) using strategies such as SEO and SEM.
- Becomes catalyst to innovate new products and services that can keep company relevant with retail customers.
- Establishes department’s goals, budgets and capital expenditures to support company vision and mission.
- Knowledgeable of all governmental laws affecting selection and use of marketing strategy and platforms in keeping company compliant.
- Responsible for talent acquisition, as well as management, training and retention of staff.
- Chief department liaison with other company functions (Sales, Operations, Finance, HR, Legal) and external relationships (vendors).
- 10+ years of experience in leadership roles in Marketing in B2C environment.
- Prior experience working with P&L and balance sheet. Should be able to think like an owner.
- Exceptional analytical skills. Capacity to leverage store movement data, consumer research, market trends, financial data and judgment to support fact-based decisions.
- Demonstrated past experience taking a conceptualized vision/goal and bringing it to reality.
- Prior experience in working with Mass Merchandisers, Grocery, Drug and other food retailers.
- Demonstrated past experience hiring, growing and managing a marketing function staff.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be an effective negotiator when working with trade partners.
Bachelor’s degree, MBA a strong plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 10 years