|Evolve Discovery, a UBIC company, is currently seeking a results-oriented marketing leader in a Chief Marketing Officer role. As a key member of the senior management team, we are looking for someone with demonstrated success driving growth and profitability. The CMO will also work closely with our global leadership team to strengthen the presence of UBIC group and establish our company as a global and preferred leader in the eDiscovery industry.
The Chief Marketing Offer is a strategic position and will play an integral part in the company’s growth and success. The key purpose of the CMO is to lead the development and execution of the firm’s strategic and tactical marketing and product plan in order to achieve the sales growth objectives while providing a positively unique, collaborative and valuable experience to our clients.
The CMO will work closely with the CEO and senior leadership team to successfully achieve the following:
- Develop a comprehensive and high-quality marketing plan and lead the planning process, while collaborating closely with the CEO and other senior management to integrate and align marketing and corporate goals and strategies.
- Proactively identify, develop and drive short and long-term marketing and communications initiatives that will result in increased visibility, competitive edge and profitable growth.
- Develop the company’s brand strategy, and work with the CEO and senior leaders to establish corporate messaging.
- Own the key messaging points around value proposition, thought leadership and differentiation by actively monitoring the competitive landscape and position of our products and services against our competitors.
- Challenge the thinking of the leadership and senior management teams to embrace new marketing ideas and concepts and stimulate strategic thinking.
- Ensure that the leadership team is well advised on delivering a consistent corporate message that is consistent with the company’s strategic direction and goals.
As the lead marketing representative of the company, the CMO is responsible for the successful execution the company’s marketing and promotional strategies. Working closely with US leadership and Japan marketing and public relations team:
- Handle public relations and corporate communications designed to deliver a brand-consistent message.
- Develop and establish successful promotional and advertising strategies.
- Manage and plan company events, including creating the agenda, selecting guest speakers, negotiating contracts, organizing forum events, ensuring wide-range and large client participation, etc.
- Develop the corporate website, electronic and digital marketing strategy and tactics to build brand and client loyalty through digital communications, i.e., social networks, blogs, etc. This also includes leveraging emerging technology, digital media, and social networking to creatively reach current and potential new clients. Promote initiatives and activities that increase Internet presence and lead generation.
- Provide leadership in the design and production of all aspects of visual marketing needs.
- Speak externally to customers and trade journalists about the company’s thought leadership mantra in order to create differentiation, enhance value, and maintain visibility.
- Manage strategic alliance relationships with key industry associations, analysts, subject matter experts and the media to maintain brand awareness.
As a strategic partner, the CMO will collaborate with various internal constituents and cross-functional teams to effectively execute marketing and product strategies and initiatives.
- Work closely and collaboratively with senior leadership, IT, Sales, and Development on product management, assist with the prioritizing strategic direction and feature/product priorities.
- Analyze and monitor market trends and metrics and proactively work with product and sales teams to recognize revenue and growth opportunities.
- Produce in-depth market assessment, sales information and customer retention data to define gaps in business strategy and develop recommendations for action based on sound analysis.
- Proactively seek input and feedback, internally and externally, to comprehensively understand our business and how our customers use and value our products and services.
- Work with sales and relationship management teams on any special projects and marketing initiatives designed to increase sales.
- When necessary, work with the company’s compliance and legal representatives to ensure that there are no roadblocks associated with implementing marketing programs.
- Contribute to team effort by developing and maintaining close working relationships within the company and provide clear and consistent communication about alignment between the marketing plan and company objectives.
- At least 10-15+ years of strong marketing, product, and business development experience, at a senior management level preferred. Experience in leading a marketing department in eDiscovery or similar, technology focused company is highly preferred.
- BA in Marketing, Master’s preferred.
- Strong knowledge of leadership, management, sales, and even finance.
- Proven experience and ability to create and execute long-term and strategic marketing and product marketing plans with focus and precision.
- Strong business and financial acumen and the vision and ability to link marketing strategy and results directly to overall business strategy and company financial goals.
- Willingness to take direction and be flexible to change strategic or tactical courses when necessary.
- Ability to be persuasive and be a positive influence.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Strong people leadership skills, values collaboration and an inclusive work environment.
- Must be comfortable with the high growth/small company dynamic of rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Extremely resourceful, highly creative and high energy, able to brainstorm and implement new ideas.
- Must have deep understanding of social media, the Internet and the strategic marketing opportunities they represent
- Ability to travel at least 25% time, occasionally more as required.
- Highly proficient with computers, MS Office, social media, and knowledge of various marketing/industry related technologies.
To learn more about us, please visit our company website at www.ubicna.com.