- Develop and implement a multi-year roadmap for continued progression of the firm’s marketing and business development efforts.
- Lead the firm’s Marketing Department, ensuring that the team has appropriate direction, resources and tools to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Oversee practice area business development activity, ensuring appropriate allocation of resources and setting a high standard for plan creation and execution.
- Assess attorney business development training needs and lead effort to progress/enhance existing programs.
- Identify, champion and implement key marketing technology initiatives, including CRM and web site improvements.
- Evaluate the firm’s external communications to identify opportunities to sharpen, streamline and enhance content.
- Direct the firm’s public relations effort, working with internal and external partners to identify and capitalize on opportunities for media coverage for the firm and its attorneys.
- Develop and provide oversight of marketing budgets for individuals, offices, lateral groups, practices and departments.
- Implement best practices in marketing and business development to fully leverage firm investments.
- Lead special project teams and perform special projects as directed by the COO.
QUALIFICATIONS (EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
- 10+ years of experience in marketing or business development and significant experience managing others. Graduate degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum five years’ experience leading marketing and business development activity ideally within a professional services organization. Client/customer service orientation is paramount.
- Strong network of external professional contacts.
- A strong track record of leadership and a focus on team-building and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to build productive relationships with key stakeholders and firm leadership.
- Strong strategic planning capabilities with experience in developing and managing timelines, schedules, budgets and resources across functional areas.
- Proven interpersonal, organizational, supervisory and analytical skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Well-honed ability to analyze problems and needs, evaluate alternatives and find solutions.
- A history of exercising good business judgment and diplomacy in complex situations, handling sensitive and confidential matters with discretion, and successfully balancing multiple priorities.
- Very strong drive, dedication and work ethic.
- Extremely team-oriented with the ability to contribute; assertive but diplomatic.
- Not easily offended, aggressive and an open communicator, inquisitive and not afraid to challenge.
- Detail-oriented, process-oriented, control-oriented.
- Ability to thrive in a professional services environment with a large number of partners/supervisors.
- High degree of creativity. Ability to bring new ideas to the table. Ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to gain a thorough understanding of systems in-place and evaluate future needs with input from all levels.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a contract or employment agreement and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Fox Rothschild is an Equal Opportunity Employer