CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER
Location: Raleigh, NC
IronNet is looking for a dynamic, high-energy and results-driven CMO with a proven record of helping high-growth companies scale revenue. Reporting to the CEO, this individual will be responsible for all aspects of marketing at IronNet. The CMO will be tasked with the execution of innovative marketing programs that dramatically increase the awareness and demand for IronNet products and services. The ideal candidate will have a history of delivering predictable and scalable pipeline at the top of funnel, as well as creating the marketing and sales enablement programs to drive success throughout the entire buyer’s journey. S/he is accountable for deliverables that align directly to company revenue goals and encompass all sources of pipeline generation. The successful candidate will possess a unique blend of business ownership, sales/marketing and operations acumen, leadership, agility, and strong communications skills with a passion for data analysis, metrics and reporting.
This is a highly visible and global role within the organization that serves as chief evangelist for promoting the IronNet story and solutions to both external audiences and team members. The candidate must have a proven success record for collaborating with enterprise sales, channel sales, and cross-functional marketing teams to create, pilot, execute, and measure closed-loop integrated marketing programs. These programs must create a sense of urgency for the buyer and deliver significant qualified pipeline for revenue growth. With the team, s/he will develop compelling product positioning and messaging programs, go to market strategy and execution, corporate and field marketing, PR/AR, social selling, sales enablement strategies, and industry thought leadership and awareness among our target customers, partners, analysts, and press audiences.
- Oversees the development and implementation of effective demand generation programs in tandem with the CRO. These programs must meet the revenue growth objectives of the business, with a strong emphasis on lead generation, pipeline creation, and nurturing prospects/customers.
- Creates a scalable, demand generation strategy and drives the successful execution of the plan across the customer lifecycle. The goal is to achieve acquisition, cross-sell/up-sell and retention targets with actionable ROI data via both direct and indirect routes from a variety of closed-loop marketing programs and activities.
- Collaborates and works closely with sales, product management, peer executives, and others in the company on go-to-market strategies and core company and solution messaging and positioning.
- 10+ years of experience in managing multiple marketing disciplines and strategy across online and offline channels, demonstrating significant measurable results for companies during their high growth stage.
- Track record of delivering successful marketing campaigns for cybersecurity solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience marketing network security or network analysis products to large enterprise customers.
- Keen understanding and experience marketing to one or more of the energy, financial, healthcare, defense, and federal industries.
- Provide leadership in defining how IronNet products and services differentiate from competitive solutions in an overcrowded security market.
- Successful expert who has created and executed go-to-market and product marketing strategies, website re-design and launch, managed budgets, and led the hands-on execution of both.
- Conceptualize, implement, and monitor strategic and tactical plans that position IronNet’s product offering internally and externally to gain market share and meet revenue targets.
- Strong, persuasive speaking skills will an ability to influence at all levels.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker and credible storyteller with an ability to synthesize complex market and technology messages into insightful sales value drivers.
- Excellent management skills with the ability to extract high performance from a talented marketing team.
- Displays the following qualities: relationship builder, dynamic, proactive, respected, good listener, values input and stimulates candid dialogue, positive attitude and a sense of humor, personally successful.
- Experience managing cross-functional marketing teams across different geographical regions.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing marketing operations with CRM/sales operations experience.
- Channel marketing (technology and reseller) experience.
- SaaS solutions experience to include pricing & packaging.
- MBA or equivalent from a leading institution.
- Experience marketing highly technical solutions that leverage artificial intelligence, machine learning, or other data analysis techniques.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with network and cloud-based cyber security solutions that target large enterprises.