POSITION: Chief Marketing Officer
LOCATION: Dallas, Texas
COMPANY PROFILE: Joinem is the first community-powered digital retailer that enables savvy shoppers to buy together and lock in guaranteed savings off the lowest online prices on thousands of leading brands. Joinem’s core proposition is WePowerTM group savings – the special guaranteed savings of up to 25 percent off the lowest online prices, when the target number of shoppers buy together. Through this platform, Joinem is the first company to monetize the potential of social commerce.
As a key member of the senior management team, this position offers an executive the opportunity to work with a hyper-growth company to launch the first group buying social commerce platform into their targeted markets. The successful candidate will have been a key member of a management team that was instrumental in orchestrating a penetration of an established industry by creating and exploiting new market opportunities or creating new categories for targeted markets….preferably through the application of emerging technologies/services and had the marketing vision to take advantage of these expanding opportunities.
Join’em is looking for an innovative, data-driven Chief Marketing Officer, an out-of-the-box thinker with proven experience scaling revenues for emerging multichannel companies. From creating a superior customer experience, driving conversion rates and repeat business, to articulating the company’s brand, building a reputation for thought leadership, to driving aggressive outreach and constantly analyzing results, building relations with key press and customers, leveraging social media and “wordsmithing” the website, the CMO must be “hands on” and comfortable in a fast growing, young company environment.
The new CMO will engage prospects, customers and market influencers to determine strategic priorities. Working closely with the senior team, s/he will articulate a clear, pragmatic roadmap of the strategic direction going forward, establish core-marketing messaging and then communicate that message with effective branding, content, marketing collateral and sales tools. Fostering significant brand awareness, the CMO will develop category leader positioning as a pioneer in social group buying. We are looking for a business builder, someone who has effectively mapped markets and built the framework for growth by using segmentation, understanding the ever-changing landscape, to position the company.
With a blend of qualitative and quantitative skills, the CMO will lead strategy, execution and performance of new customer generation and retention programs, analytics, creative direction, overall brand strategy and positioning, and public relations. Driving JOIN’EM’s revenue generation s/he will leverage a mix of digital channels (SEO, SEM, display, affiliates, partners, email), grow emerging channels (mobile, social, on-site community), and develop media mix models to optimize acquisition across online and offline channels.
The CMO will partner closely with the CEO, IT, and Merchandising on enhancements, mobile, and the next generation of its website to generate outstanding traffic and high conversion rates. Analytical by nature this person will leverage the latest tools to measure and optimize results. A world class marketing team needs to be built so marketing is truly a core competency. The CMO will continue to outsource some work so having evaluated/managed external contractors to maximize value is important. This is a start-up savvy individual, thoughtful about spending budget, time, and other precious resources deliberately to create an outstanding marketing engine that takes the organization to the next level. JOIN’EM is looking for smart candidates who are strategic, tactical and results focused.
Ultimately, we want to find a CMO who will provide strategic direction and day-to-day operational oversight of all marketing activities, maximizing growth and profitability, providing best-in-class customer experience, and ensuring we continue to develop and deliver industry- leading, highly competitive products. We are looking for leadership, business insight and a high degree of personal determination.
- Develop a multi-channel marketing strategy, including segmentation. Reflect that strategy in engaging branding, effective positioning and targeted messaging.
- Develop cost effective new buyer and customer acquisition strategies and tactics to drive revenue growth.
- Maximize customer retention and LTV.
- Lead the site/product development teams, and work cross functionally to develop sites with superior customer experiences.
- Develop highly effective analytics, leveraging big data. Establish success metrics, constantly measuring, refining and optimizing performance of all marketing programs.
- Develop PR strategy and execute all tactics.
- Recruit and retain a world class marketing team including high caliber contracted resources as needed.
- Manage marketing and social media calendars reflecting marketing initiatives as well as promotional strategies.
- Manage/maximize the marketing budget.
- Act decisively on critical marketing issues, weighing the trade-offs, communicating clearly, managing expectations of the CEO, Investors, and team.
- Work closely with the CEO, COB, and team to participate in formulating and refining the strategic direction of the business.
- A “Digital Native” VP Marketing or CMO with 10+ years of eCommerce experience in increasingly responsible management positions where excellent performance has been emphasized.
- Strong, agile planning and execution history. Demonstrated ability to rapidly grow marketing and revenue generation from start-up to hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing marketing strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives:
o Has created and fine tuned customer experience to optimize performance.
o Has created and execute campaigns that increase AOV, stickiness.
o Knows customer acquisition economics, has solid web conversion experience.
- Quantitative by nature. Demonstrated mastery of marketing analytics for constant optimization.
- Comprehensive digital and traditional marketing experience with the ability to manage campaigns directly and through third party sources:
o Has created and owned effective, remarkable, ecommerce web properties and other collateral.
o Must have B-to-C background, including multichannel retail and e-commerce.
- Proven innovator with strong branding capability. Has used segmentation, positioning and creative approaches to develop brand new markets, deliver industry changing solutions.
- PR wizard.
- Experience in mobile and social media desired.
- Start-up environment experience working closely with founders, investors and partners.
- Track record of successfully growing a very customer service oriented organization, rapidly.
- Personal integrity and commitment to ethical standards of business.
- The ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
- Strong written and oral communicator. Creates and delivers compelling presentations that communicate in a clear, convincing manner.
- Outstanding leadership skills with an emphasis on recruiting, managing and mentoring a high potential internal and outsourced team.
- Hands-on. Moves comfortably between scrappy start-up and sophisticated endeavors leveraging experience with both.
- Enjoys working in a collegial, start-up culture that has a very strong sense of urgency and intellectual honesty. Recognized as a motivator and integrator at all levels of the organization with empathy and extraordinary social skills.
- Committed to total and uncompromising excellence. Philosophically devoted to creating a company culture that encourages and rewards innovative ideas and discourages internal politics.
For more information about this opportunity, or to refer candidates,
Please contact Kirk Harrell at +1-972-392-1400 x125 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Taylor Winfield, Inc.
Established in 1987, Taylor Winfield has been instrumental in building billions in market value for our clients via retained executive search and strategic business development. Through key relationships with premier investment firms, global enterprises and our executive network of visionary industry leaders, Taylor Winfield has conducted searches to create hundreds of core management teams in Technology, Energy Management, Retail & Consumer Goods, Professional Services and Education/Non-Profit. Our executive operations experience, deep industry knowledge and commitment to quality, places Taylor Winfield as one of the world’s leading executive search firms. For more information, please visit www.taylorwinfield.com