Chief Marketing Officer, LSI Industries
- Are you a marketing leader with a strategic and analytical orientation?
- Do you have a strong customer focus based on market research and insights?
- Have you built and managed a high-performing marketing team?
- Do you embrace a healthy collaboration with the sales organization that supports profitable growth through multiple sales channels?
- Have you led a robust new product development process that embraces new technology?
- Are you an expert at marketing B2B products, services, and technical solutions?
LSI is a customer-centric company that positions itself as a value-added, trusted partner in developing superior image solutions through world-class lighting, graphics, and technology capabilities. The Company is a vertically integrated U.S.-based manufacturer serving customers in North America and Latin America. Major markets include commercial / industrial lighting, petroleum / convenience store and multi-site retail (including automobile dealerships, quick serve restaurants and national retail accounts). Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, LSI has facilities in Ohio, Kentucky, California, New York, North Carolina and Texas.
LSI seeks a CMO to join its executive team and help contribute to the future growth and development of the company. The CMO will report to the CEO and collaborate with the Chief Commercial Officer to drive the strategic growth of the company. The CMO’s team will include product managers, marketing communications and analytics professionals, and the new product / solutions development group which includes the engineering and pricing teams. A critical focus will be to identify the highest priority market verticals and channel strategies, supported by compelling marketing communication efforts.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the CEO, Chief Commercial Officer, the executive team and the Board to develop the corporate strategic plan.
- Develop and execute a marketing strategy to elevate the brand and drive growth in sales and profitability.
- Build and support a marketing organization through a combination of existing talent and new hires.
- Design and implement a competitor tracking system as part of a broader market segmentation analysis.
- Design, collect, process, and interpret market research data to drive marketing strategy, new product recommendations, and identify new market opportunities.
- Support new product development efforts and own the product launch process.
- Create corporate pricing and margin standards in collaboration with the Chief Commercial Officer and the CFO.
- Set global tradeshow strategies and metrics.
- Develop marketing communications initiatives including sales support programs, direct marketing, website design/enhancement, social media activity, press releases, and targeted advertising.
- Design marketing programs that support channel partners and promote sales growth with distributors and other independent representatives.
- Create programs to drive lead generation and track results.
- Work closely with the CFO to create content and marketing communications programs in support of investor relations.
- Manage relationships with outside marketing vendors and partners.
- Collaborate with sales leadership on all marketing initiatives to maximize impact.
IDEAL CANDIDATE’S QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field; MBA a plus.
- Ten or more years of strategic marketing leadership experience in a B2B setting, ideally gleaned within industrial/commercial markets with technical products and solutions.
- Experience building and managing a best-in-class marketing team.
- Strategic and analytical acumen based on a deep understanding of market research and “voice of customer” insights, including Net Promotors Score.
- Command of all marketing communications programs, including digital marketing and social media.
- Demonstrated success in lead generation and other sales support initiatives.
- Experience developing marketing programs to support multiple sales channel partners.
- Proven ability to develop and launch new products in diverse markets.
- Strong professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong business acumen, with a bottom-line orientation.
- Behavioral traits:
- The self-image of a leader
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Executive presence
- Confident, yet humble
- Curious, a life-long learner
- Results orientation
- Change agent
- This role will be based at the corporate office in Cincinnati, Ohio. Relocation assistance will be provided.
This is an opportunity to join the executive leadership team of a highly reputable company and make an immediate impact on growth and profitability. There is significant professional and financial growth opportunity for the successful candidate. Compensation will include a competitive base salary, attractive bonus program, and participation in the Company’s equity incentive program.
Marci Pfeifer – firstname.lastname@example.org