The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will be responsible for planning, directing and leading strategic global marketing initiatives across Spartan Race. As a member of the executive team, based in Boston, MA, the CMO will lead a worldwide marketing organization, determine how the company goes to market, and orchestrate the customer experience. As with all Spartan team members, the CMO will be an agent of progress, innovation, and change — energetically and proactively seizing opportunities for the company. This newly created position will be responsible for leading a cohesive marketing department, capable of influencing and delivering the company’s overall global agenda. Areas of focus include digital marketing, product marketing, marketing operations, creative, public relations, corporate communications, and market insights.
Ideal candidates will have 12+ years of marketing leadership experience, demonstrated success implementing leading-edge marketing practices, prior experience as a member of a company’s senior leadership team and the ability to partner continually and closely with an entrepreneurial CEO.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partnering with the CEO & COO to develop the company’s mid to long term strategic and annual business plans.
- Supporting the strategic business objectives through thorough and concise marketing and communication strategy and programs that leverage social media, development of annual media kit, maintenance of content for corporate websites and increasing visibility for Spartan Race on a global scale.
- “Listen” to the trends of the industry and technological changes that impact the business and direct the market research efforts of the company.
- Build and develop a highly efficient team of marketing professionals.
- Plan and organize marketing functions and operations (product development, branding, communications etc.), and ensure they project the company’s unique “voice”.
- Liaise with other departments to guide a unified approach to customer service, distribution, etc. that meets market demands.
- Design and improve upon marketing & promotional campaigns for each aspect of our company across multiple channels (digital, press, etc.) including setting and achieving strategic goals related to social media metrics, television advertising, PR and marketing campaign initiatives.
- Streamlining marketing process to realize cost savings across the department whilst simultaneously assessing new marketing opportunities to generate additional revenue through multiple channels (for example: Media).
- Setting KPI’s for marketing activities across the organization to measure the success of marketing and creative campaigns.
- Selection of marketing agency partners and reviewing their activities.
- Overseeing the company’s loyalty program and CRM activities.
- Ensuring the CRM and all marketing software is up to date and fit for purpose.
- Negotiate compensation and project details for outside contractors related to marketing and promotions.
- Create a solid network of strategic partnerships.
- Successful candidates should bring a point of view and be able to defend it in conversations with the CEO and other senior leaders. Experience leading a variety of marketing disciplines, including media, public relations, corporate communications, demand generation/acquisition, field marketing, digital marketing, marketing operations, marketing measurement, brand and messaging, social media, analyst relations and design is a must.
- Proven experience as Chief Marketing Officer or similar role.
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, product promotion etc.).
- Proven leadership and influencing skills – ability to inspire, motivate and persuade other across the organization.
- BSc/BA in business administration, marketing, communications or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus.
- Solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods.
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital (e.g. social media) and non-digital (e.g. press) channels.
- A leader with both creative and analytical capabilities.
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to hold one-self accountable and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects.
- Collegial approach to a business environment and cooperative work style which help drive a strong sense of teamwork with the ability to foster relationships.
- Proactive, solutions-oriented; capability to identify efficiencies and decrease costs while maintaining a quality workplace environment and product.
- Understanding of different business disciplines (IT, finance etc.).
- Proficient in MS Office and business software (e.g. CRM).
Qualities required of all Spartan team members:
Spartan Race is a high-performance organization, and successful team members must therefore possess a strong work ethic and hands-on approach to business. We are innovative, create inventive solutions, and are exceptionally service minded. Team members at Spartan change lives and have a passion for the organization. Paramount to our organization is the maturity to embrace ambiguity and ability to adapt according to the market and the continuing innovation of the organization.
To Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/search/?currentJobId=677919318&keywords=cmo%20