Chief Marketing Officer
Vimeo is seeking a seasoned head of marketing to drive profitable revenue growth and to take our business and brand to the next level. This is a newly created role that will be responsible for all marketing to creators and viewers on the world’s largest ad-free video platform. The CMO will manage a significant marketing budget and a large and expanding team of 30+ individuals focused on scaling Vimeo’s community of video creators, filmmakers and brands using Vimeo to host, share and sell their work. Key functions under the CMO are performance and growth marketing, brand and communications, events, creative, curation and business development. The CMO will report directly to the CEO and will be a key leader on Vimeo’s executive team, tasked with fulfilling our mission to empower creators to push the boundaries of storytelling.
We are looking for a strategic and data-driven leader who can combine high impact branding with the surgical deployment of large budgets to drive performance and scale revenue. We are seeking an expert in direct response customer acquisition and subscription lifecycle marketing, with additional experience in funnel optimization, attribution and measurement, creative testing, and international expansion. The ideal candidate will possess the full spectrum of marketing skills, including a deep understanding of the evolving media landscape, analytical horsepower, nuanced communication and collaboration skills, and a manic obsessiveness when it comes to understanding our customers and communicating to them in relevant, compelling ways.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
● Oversight of significant marketing budget to drive efficient revenue growth for Vimeo (primarily via our SaaS products, but also identifying and executing on new revenue opportunities).
● Own the strategic and analytical frameworks to measure, optimize, and report on subscriber acquisition and retention.
● Manage and mentor a best-in-class team across a range of marketing and creative functions.
● Develop marketing strategies that leverage the power of Vimeo’s brand and the scale of our community to build sustainable competitive advantage.
● Lead cross functionally to set strategic goals, ensure appropriate prioritization, and align resources with Product, Engineering and Support teams.
● Partner with Finance and Business Intelligence teams to refine attribution models and methods for measuring campaign performance and ROI.
● Evangelize a creator-first mindset across the company, instilling scalable processes for leveraging customer input, research and user testing to inform marketing decisions.
● Maintain a deep understanding of video SaaS industry and competitive trends, and leverage that understanding to inform marketing strategy.
● Serve as an inspirational representative of Vimeo, both internally and externally.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
● 15+ years of experience in subscription or e-commerce marketing, preferably in the video and/or SaaS space.
● Experience with freemium business models across B2C and B2B.
● Track record of scaling marketing budgets and delivering profitable revenue growth.
● Track record of hiring and managing large, high functioning marketing teams.
● Deep experience with CPA/LTV/ROI measurement, cohort models and financial forecasting.
● Demonstrated success in thinking big and launching innovative campaigns that set new standards in marketing and branding.
● Comprehensive knowledge of current and emerging performance marketing trends, and expertise in matching marketing approach to evolving needs of the business.
● Expertly use analytics, user research and other inputs to inform decisions.
● Natural ability to build relationships across teams and provide the vision and leadership necessary to rally cross-functional stakeholders.
● Insane attention to detail and the ability to toggle between high-level, long-term strategies and ground-level, next-step tactics effortlessly.
● Bachelor’s degree required, MBA and/or advanced degree preferred.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, LLC is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).
If interested, please contact
Tyler Smith: T 212.524.7180 E firstname.lastname@example.org