|Join one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. Are you insatiably curious about technology and its impact on business? Do you love the intellectual challenge of engaging with passionate colleagues and inspiring clients? Do your friends describe you as:
Pursue your passion. Learn more about working at Forrester.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
A global research and advisory firm, Forrester serves professionals in 13 key roles across three distinct client segments. Our clients face progressively complex business and technology decisions every day. To help them understand, strategize, and act upon opportunities brought by change, Forrester provides proprietary research, consumer and business data, custom consulting, events and online communities, and peer-to-peer executive programs. We guide leaders in the technology management, marketing and strategy, and tech industry through independent fact-based insight, ensuring their business success today and tomorrow.
As a member of Forrester’s executive team, the CMO will lead a worldwide marketing organization, determine how the company goes to market, and orchestrate the customer experience. As with all Forrester executive team members, the CMO will be an agent of progress, innovation, and change — energetically and proactively seizing opportunities for the company.
• Build and inspire a strong, effective, and respected global marketing organization that is capable of influencing and delivering the company’s agenda. Catalyze the marketing team and attract great people to work in marketing at Forrester. Set and keep standards high, ensuring that the contribution of the marketing organization is distinguished by its excellence and originality.
• Lead the marketing organization to execute brilliantly across all disciplines (public relations, corporate communications, demand generation, field marketing, digital marketing, product marketing, marketing operations, creative, market insights).
• Develop and align memorable customer experiences at all touchpoints, including the metrics that will be used to assess Forrester’s performance as a customer-obsessed organization.
• Align marketing metrics directly with business metrics, resulting in top-line revenue growth for the company.
• Cultivate a strong collaboration with the product organization, contributing robust in-bound market and competitive intelligence data to the product innovation and new product development and launch processes.
• Cultivate a strong collaboration with the global sales organization, focusing on best-in-class customer engagement strategies.
• Drive an agenda that propels the company’s strategy of dominating in the age of empowered customers.
• Think “digital first.” Partner closely with the chief business technology officer to solve problems and connect to clients digitally.
• Collaborate closely with the entire executive team to drive Forrester’s growth, with particular focus on relationships with the chief executive officer, chief sales officer, chief research officer, chief product officer, and the chief business technology officer.
• Work with speed and agility at all times. Quick experimentation, fast implementation, and improvisation are valued over lengthy, bureaucratic solutions.
Here’s What You’ll Bring To The Table:
Forrester is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
• Fifteen-plus years of business/marketing leadership within world-class global organizations known for their marketing strategy and operations. The ideal candidate will have led marketing organizations at a high growth, mid- to large-size global organization. Experience in B2B or B2B2C organizations preferred.
• Demonstrated success implementing leading-edge marketing practices with a focus on customer experience, marketing measurement, demand generation, and brand refinement.
• An insatiable curiosity about Forrester’s clients.
• Prior experience as a member of a company’s senior leadership team, as well as experience partnering with and influencing a company’s board of directors.
• The ability to partner continually and closely with a demanding CEO. He or she should have a point of view and be able to defend it in conversations with the CEO. This relationship will be energetic but very productive.
• Experience leading a variety of marketing disciplines, including public relations, corporate communications, demand generation, field marketing, digital marketing, marketing operations, marketing measurement, brand and messaging, and design.
• Demonstrated accomplishment in driving the strategic direction of the business through marketing practices and innovation.
• Experience leading in a highly matrixed organizational structure.
Critical Competencies For Success:
• Market expert. To be a great marketer, the CMO will be expected to know the market and have a point of view on how it is changing.
• Values-driven with unquestioned integrity and the experience, confidence, stature, and courage to change the way senior-level executives think about marketing.
• Successful communicator. An individual who possesses superior written/oral communication skills and the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner.
• Instinctual and natural fluency with technology. Someone who is always “living a little bit in the future.”
• Superior intellect. A combination of mental flexibility, analytical skill, creativity, conceptual ability, and judgment. Someone who deals effectively with strategic issues as well as the detailed tactical activity involved in developing a progressive marketing practice.
• Performance-driven. Someone who has an operational approach, coupled with a bias for action and results — an energetic, highly motivated executive who relishes challenges, tirelessly pursues objectives, and has an effective hands-on leadership style.
• Commitment to inclusion/diversity. A person with cross-cultural sensitivity and experience who can earn the respect of a diverse and international workforce and play a lead role in creating an inclusive culture at all levels of the organization.
• Highly collaborative, hands-on management style. A person who can work as part of the senior management team as well as operate and develop a top-flight marketing organization.
• Adds client value. A leader who can engage with any one of our clients and add significant value to the conversation — communicating content and ideas that inspire and guide their decisions.
• Able to figure out individual’s strengths, blind spots, and growth potential. Strong intuition and ability to quickly assess talent is key.
Here’s What Forresterites Receive in Cambridge:
• Exposure to industry experts and to top business leaders within Fortune 1000 companies.
• Access to research that influences global leaders every day.
• World-class learning and development opportunities.
• Global reach: Forrester has research centers and sales offices in more than 25 cities internationally, spanning six continents.
• Colleagues who are intellectually curious, hard-working, and collaborative.
• Cool perks:
o All the cappuccino you can drink.
o The opportunity to rock out with guitars in our lobby and take piano lessons on Friday.
o On-site massages.
o Fierce foosball and Ping-Pong rivalry.
o A top-notch fitness center.
o Zagster bike-sharing and rental program.
o A competitive benefits package.
o The chance to work in a LEED Gold- and LEED Platinum-certified building.
Check us out online at forrester.com/careers
Join The Conversation:
Forrester Research is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer; M/F/D/V are especially encouraged to apply.