POSITION: CMO / VP Marketing (title depends upon experience). This is a management position and an individual contributor position. Initially, you inherit a team of 3-6 people. Depending upon your experience and achievements, you could double your team within the first year or two.
LOCATION: Ideal candidates will already live within commuting distance to NYC. However, client will consider candidates who work remotely if they already live on the East Coast.
COMPENSATION: Client is willing and able to put together the best compensation package in order to attract and retain the best candidate. Expected comp is $300k OTE plus significant equity. Compensation package includes base, bonus, equity, 401k and full benefits package. Hiring the best candidate is most important. Client wants to know what you want to make and what is important to you. Client wants to hire someone who is motivated and confident in their ability to be successful in this role. Client would like to know what you want to make and what is important to you.
MANAGEMENT STYLE: Position reports to the CEO. He is results driven and prefers people with a high sense of urgency. He prefers to be hands-off and entrusting. You can build your own strategy. Communication is extremely important to him. Once you prove yourself you will have a lot of freedom and trust. He doesn’t want surprises and prefers transparency. Needs someone who is good at communicating, keeping him informed and making sure things done. He describes himself as being very open minded and entrepreneurial. He will give you a lot of room for creativity and development.
CULTURE: Company is very high growth, results and customer focused. It is a very entrepreneurial culture. They are very honest and transparent. This is an international company with offices in the North America, Europe and Israel. Ideal candidates will have experience in building and managing effectively across geographies. This is a very diverse and global organization. Ideal candidates will be familiar with other languages and sensitive to other cultures. Need someone that would be excited, stimulated and respectful when interacting with people in an international environment.
· Must have recent and significant experience in a marketing leadership role at an iPaaS, SaaS, Cloud, or Open Source company with responsibility for lead generation, branding, marketing communications, etc.
· Must have demonstrated success in helping scale a company’s revenues. Strongly prefer candidates who can take responsibility for lead flow and generating qualified marketing leads. Ideal candidates were part of the team that developed the partnerships and helped scale their company.
· Must be someone who has demonstrated thought leadership in messaging, branding, content marketing, and public relations. Need someone who can help us show the world that we experts in our specific niche. Need someone who is very PR savvy. The new CMO will “have plenty to work with,” thanks to our amazing platform that generates quantifiable results for major customers who are pleased to provide references.
· Must be able to build a world class brand and positioning. Someone that will be very strategic in building up the marketing image and presence of the brand. Must be able to outline at least one example of how you successfully built “buzz” around a brand that was virtually unknown when you started working on it.
· Must be able to build awareness as measured by analyst relationships especially Gartner Magic Quadrant. They are already well positioned for it now so you will have plenty to work with.
· Must be someone who enjoys an entrepreneurial atmosphere and has been through the experience of scaling up an enterprise to significant organization size and revenues.
· Must be able to be the team champion. Need someone who leads by example. This is a management position and an individual contributor position. Initially, you inherit a team of 3-6 people. Depending upon your experience and achievements, you could double your team within the first year or two. Need someone that can be very hands-on, roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to achieve goals while building the product marketing team. Need someone that is very strategic and creative. Must be an excellent writer. Must have a passion for building world class brands and teams.
For more information contact:
Carolyne P. Connor
President, MatchStar Venture Search