The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) work closely with departments/niches to drive marketing initiatives to meet their business goals. This position will reside in the Hartford office, but will be expected to travel to other offices.
- Act as spokesperson and make presentations for the firm with press, analysts and at industry events.
- Build the marketing and business development plans for the firm’s industry groups.
- Oversee marketing communications including branding, direct marketing, public relations, advertising, newsletters, white papers, trade shows, conferences, seminars and events collateral materials, analysis and market research management, website design and content, and social media strategy and content either directly or on an outsourced basis.
- Define and direct traditional and digital marketing programs for content development, demand creation, lead generation and for lead tracking and management.
- Lead the firm’s client feedback programs.
- Ensure the firm’s marketing staff is successful.
- Assist employees with writing presentations.
- Create new content for collateral, thought leadership, etc.
- Create annual marketing budgets, and manage the budgets throughout the year.
- Choose and direct the services of vendors and consultants retained to provide marketing-related services and supervise them accordingly.
- Deploy and use the appropriate software systems to support the marketing function.
- Develop, track and report metrics and success criteria for all marketing programs and activities and make adjustments to our strategies based on success.
- Assist with community/client/related network events.
- Manage firm sponsorships.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a progressive marketing environment.
- Prior professional service experiences a plus.
- Digital marketing experience a plus.
- Previous experience working in a social media environment a plus.
- Detailed-oriented with ability to oversee projects from origin through execution.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong editing skills required.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial with hands on approach towards business.
Interested contact Kathleen McCarthy, their HR Director.