|Who We Are:
Fitness EM is a leader, pioneer, and innovator in the women’s fitness and wellness industries and a committed partner to some of the world’s largest and most respected retailers. Our company designs, engineers, and markets fitness products (BtoB) and wellness services (BtoC) exclusively for women via multiple channels of distribution. Our founders, Mike & Donna Savage, 20 year veterans of the health and fitness industry, established some pretty simple principles early on: focus exclusively on the world’s most important demographic, women, and deliver an obsessive level of excellence and innovation in everything we do. We remain committed to this quest and are looking for a marketing leader to help propel us to the next level!
Empower women to be active, healthy and strong.
The strategic thrust of our marketing and product design efforts revolve around our desire to create solutions that are simple and elegant, while simultaneously making a healthy lifestyle journey fun and effective. While we have historically focused on a BtoB retail distribution model, the past few years have ushered in an exciting evolution with our health and wellness services via a BtoC distribution model.
Our unique and wide-ranging assortment of women’s fitness products have been recognized and featured by fitness periodicals including Health Magazine, Fitness Magazine, Self Magazine and Women’s Health Magazine. In addition, we have appeared on The Today Show; CBS Morning Show, Home Shopping Network, QVC and in countless women’s blogs. Over the years we have created thousands of products and programs exclusively for women and many of our current product offerings can be viewed at our website, www.empowerfitness.com.
We’re seeking an accomplished CPG marketing executive who has built a recognized mass market brand, developed a marketing organization to support the brand, and positioned a product portfolio for both BtoB (retail) and BtoC distribution. The VP will be responsible for implementing management’s vision for growing brand equity, market share, and profitability using highly efficient BtoB and BtoC marketing strategies.
The VP and the marketing team will be the voice of the consumer in the development of products and marketing strategies. The ideal candidate will also have deep experience creating multi-channel, direct-to-consumer marketing campaigns to drive customer engagement, loyalty, and action while building brand equity. This is an extremely visible, fast paced role within the company requiring a high attention to detail, analysis and the ability to collaborate with multiple departments. In this role, the Vice President will report directly to the CEO.
PLEASE NOTE: CPG experience is required for this role. Candidates without relevant industry experience will not be considered.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
The VP Marketing will have responsibility for product development, marketing, marketing services, market research, ecommerce, social media, and:
- Lead market research, consumer research and competitive analysis to identify trends and market opportunities in close collaboration with CEO, COO, and Sales.
- Based on market insights, develop and implement brand strategy and positioning including refinements of Purpose, Mission and Vision while working closely with senior management.
- Driven by market insights, brand strategy and company objectives, lead new product development in close cooperation with Management, Sales, Key Accounts and the product development team.
- Develop and implement multi-channel direct-to-consumer marketing campaigns to drive growth, retail movement, market share, profitability and brand equity.
- Review, assess, and update existing digital platform including vendors, websites, SEO, digital media, social media and ecommerce. Create and integrate a digital strategy into an overall marketing strategy with definitive objectives to acquire and retain brand loyal consumers.
- Develop and manage a digital content strategy (blogs, ebooks, videos, downloads) to drive search engine relevance, growth in qualified traffic, and site stickiness.
- Support Sales with development of marketing and merchandising materials.
- Create and manage promotions and PR activities to support the brand and drive brand loyalty.
- Working with Management and Finance, develop budgets and projections as a benchmark for measuring progress and success.
- Develop and manage the business intelligence required to monitor and measure performance of marketing campaigns. Work with Sales and Finance teams to analyze business performance metrics and to develop recommendations for improvements.
- Effectively partner with Procurement, QA, Sales, Finance, our executive team, and our offshore manufacturing facilities.
- Develop and strengthen the marketing organization to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning.
Who We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a passionate leader with the ability to multi-task, juggle priorities, and manage tight deadlines. You are a true innovative thinker that can drive change throughout the organization!
- 7-10+ years CPG marketing leadership positions.
- Proven success building and positioning brands for sustainable growth.
- Deep experience creating and managing multi-channel direct marketing campaigns that build brand equity while simultaneously driving direct and retail sales.
- Broad relationships with agencies and vendors to support multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated track record of developing business growth across multiple trade channels including retail, wholesale, direct and digital.
- A track record of success building and managing effective marketing organizations.
- Proven experience in composing, presenting, and executing detailed business strategies and plans to both internal management groups and external clients.
- Strong presentation skills at the executive level, both verbal and written.
- Dealing with key national and international retailers experience a plus.
- Asian or other outsourcing experiences a plus. Ability to travel is critical.
- Ability to infuse statistical methodologies and techniques into business strategies.
- Delivering optimized and relevant consumer and/or shopper communications.
- Personal involvement in fitness, health, and wellness a huge plus.
- Solid negotiation skills.
- Experience selling/marketing women’s products preferred.
- BS / BA, Masters preferred.