Popeyes is a brand that is reinventing itself in the US (home market) and expanding internationally. We are revamping the visual identity, restaurant image, advertising approach, among many other things. People who tried our products love them. So, the challenge ahead is to modernize, expand and attract new guests to our restaurants. We want people to love our brand just like they love our food. And that’s why we need a strong marketing team.
We have a really exciting pipeline of product innovation. We just launched our Chicken Sandwich in the US and the product became an instant classic. Just search for it on Google or Twitter and read what people are saying about it. In the past months we also expanded the brand internationally, launching Popeyes in South East Asia and Brazil. And now we are working to launch in many more markets such as China and Spain. And we are just getting started.
We are making great strides on offering a better guest experience thru digital channels. Our products travel really well when ordered thru home delivered, so no wonder that channel is growing so rapidly around here. And we just launched a new app with great functionality to our Popeyes fans.
The Global Chief Marketing Officer for Popeyes will be leading the charge when it comes to international expansion while at the same time provide strong marketing guidance to the US market. We are looking for someone experienced and with a track record of bringing people together, design experience, great cases of powerful creative development (advertising), and a passion for food. The ideal candidate will be digitally savvy, will understand that great marketing is both magic and logic, and will be able to influence our organization. We are a small team so we are looking for someone who can add some awesomeness to everything we do.
· You will be the Popeyes brand guardian. Responsibilities include brand positioning, visual identity (incl. UX), restaurant image, advertising (traditional, social media and PR), guidance on product recommendation and calendar planning, among others. The work entails the creation of all brand guidelines and continuous recommendation/ coaching to all regional and local teams.
· Be very close to all markets, especially when it comes to new country entries, to analyze and recommend course of action. In many cases you will need to work very close to markets to define what needs to be tested and then adjusted in the mix to maximize success of the brand.
· Analyze performance of the different markets and provide strategic recommendation. Analyze and interpret weekly/ monthly sales trends. Analyze marketing activities (ad-hoc, pre and post analysis) including recommended action. Develop strong relationships with regional/ local teams to motivate our franchisee partners in implementing successful plans.
· Determine appropriate analytical approach and research plans for insight-related activities. Proven business savvy, operations expertise and financial acumen applied to the management of key metrics, processes and infrastructure
· As the most senior marketing person in the team, you will need to provide coaching, train and recruit the new generation of marketers in the organization.
· Excellent relationship skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic and diverse leadership team and franchise community.
· Experience leading cross functional and geographically dispersed teams, establishing strong relationships and driving change across functional, business and geographic boundaries to include multiple stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· 8+ years of experience in marketing.
· Ability to demonstrate critical and strategic thinking skills, including decision making skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Ability to run complex analyses and provide simple recommendations.
· Ability to clearly communicate findings and recommendations with management/ leadership
· Ability to thrive in a performance-focused and results-oriented environment.
· Exceptional level of ownership mentality, self-motivation, and entrepreneurial spirit.
· Strong analytical and presentation skills (Excel and PowerPoint).
· Track record of creative, design, and advertising that would make us jealous here.
· Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.