Begin by thinking of school campuses in New York, São Paulo, Shenzhen, Silicon Valley, and Online. Our client is a single global school with multiple interconnected campuses. It is not a collection of schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City. Our client prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Our client exists to prepare young people to be world-wise leaders uniquely motivated and equipped to solve global problems. This role represents an opportunity for an entrepreneurial marketing leader to shape an innovative, top-tier, for-profit global education brand while making a powerful contribution to this exciting mission.
Our client is defining a new category, a single school with a global network of interconnected campuses each having a thriving community of local and international students and families. With a unique and innovative approach to global education, our client has very ambitious expansion plans to continue to grow this network to multiple new markets around the world. In this role, you will build the global marketing strategy from scratch – the perfect balance of mission and business. Your impact will be direct, powerful and tangible: on our client’s global growth and on the lives of students and families around the world.
The Global Director, Marketing will report to the Chief Experience Officer.
The senior leader in this role will establish the overall marketing strategy for our client, ensuring that the right resources from inside and outside the company are available and aligned to build the brand, attract and engage all audiences and achieve our key business goals in each country and market where we operate. As the Global Director of Marketing, you will:
Lead Marketing Strategy
• Develop a clear, focused marketing strategy for each campus that precisely defines our target audience, key messages to that audience, and goals
• Establish strong awareness of the brand as synonymous with world-class quality, prestige and innovation – a true thought leader in global education
• Guide how client schools will effectively target and engage the audience through awareness, acquisition, conversion and on-going retention
• Lead execution of the marketing plans, ensuring alignment with global strategies and goals, to attract well-qualified applicants and ultimately meet or exceed global enrollment goals
• Ensure high alignment among all multi-functional teams as well as external vendors and agencies
• Actively measure how the plan is working and continually optimize strategy and execution
Manage People and Resources
• Lead the global marketing team: ensure the team is happy, engaged, and doing great things
• Partner closely with the global Creative team to develop engaging, compelling and original content in support of marketing strategy
• Secure and manage high quality agency partners to support strategy and execution
• Effectively establish and manage the global marketing budget
Create the Future
• Collaborate very closely across all functional areas in support of Client’s business development
• As part of an innovative global Experience Team, help develop a new standard for superb family and employee experience for a cutting-edge global school
• Support new campus development in multiple top-tier markets around the globe
• 12+ years of professional experience, with a deep understanding of marketing strategy and execution across multiple global markets
• Track record of both developing strategies to meet goals and executing effectively on that strategy; great planner with excellent follow through
• A keen analytical, problem-solving approach, including in ambiguous situations that require figuring out new solutions rather than taking predetermined paths to success
• A hands-on, entrepreneurial approach, eager to roll up your sleeves and tackle challenges
• Exceptional communication abilities, particularly in writing
• Ability to lead effectively through relationships, persuasion and influence
• Sense of deep personal responsibility for the organization’s success
• Thrives in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
• Keen intellectual curiosity and a mindset of openness and continual learning
• Passion for education; experience in international and/or private schools a major plus
Education and Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
• Strong customer acquisition, CRM, and digital marketing required.
As our client is seeking an outstanding individual for this important Global Marketing executive position, they are offering an attractive compensation package including base salary, discretionary cash bonus, long-term incentives, and excellent health and welfare benefits.
Executive Connections LLC is handling this retained executive search on an exclusive basis. For additional information, please contact:
Jeff Gundersen – CEO
Darcy Bevelacqua – Managing Director