Apple Bank for Savings, established in 1863, provides consumer and small business banking services in greater New York through its branch network and online banking platform and is an active lender in the commercial real estate and corporate banking sectors. Apple is the second-largest state chartered savings bank in New York State, with $13.8 billion in assets and 79 branches located in the five boroughs of New York City, Long Island, Westchester and Rockland.
Apple Bank for Savings marked its 25th consecutive year of solidly profitable performance in 2016, reflecting a long history of conservative financial management. Apple’s balance sheet is comprised primarily of high-quality loans and securities, and its capital ratios remain strong. 79% of Apple Bank’s loan portfolio is comprised of well-secured mortgage loans on multi-family, commercial, and residential properties in New York City and its suburbs, and government-guaranteed commercial loans. The Bank’s careful attention to credit quality has allowed it to remain solidly profitable.
Highlights as of December 31, 2016 include:
▪ Net income of $62.9 million for the year ended 12/31/16
▪ Deposits of $11.7 billion
▪ Non-performing loans of only $4.7 million in a loan portfolio of $10.4 billion
▪ Loan loss reserves cover non-performing loans by 6.8X
▪ Total shareholders’ equity and capital and reserves of $1.1 billion
▪ Capital ratios that are in excess of all regulatory requirements.
The Head of Digital Marketing serves as a right hand to the Marketing Director and assists the Marketing Director with the planning, coordination, development and execution of marketing programs and projects. The individual in this position has substantial financial services marketing and communications experience in traditional and digital channels and has a proven track record of developing, implementing and executing marketing programs and plans that generate revenue. The individual’s areas of expertise include marketing and advertising strategies, tactics and campaigns, digital marketing and advertising, product marketing, internal and external communications, brand enhancement and continuity, public and community relations, direct response, branch merchandising, branch support and marketing new branch openings. The individual has outstanding project management and research skills and is highly motivated to
Apple Bank for Savings | Head of Digital Marketing Page 3 of 4
achieve results. This position is authorized to act on behalf of the Marketing Director for various responsibilities and activities as assigned in the Marketing Director’s absence.
▪ Assist in the development, execution and management of marketing and advertising deliverables in digital and traditional channels, including branch, online and mobile, website and social media, to support bank business strategy, profitable deposit product growth, business development goals and brand identity.
▪ Work with IT, Marketing team members and other internal and outside resources, design, implement and execute customer segmentation database marketing programs to profitably broaden the bank’s customer base across generations to maximize profitability, grow number of key products per customer and increase share of wallet.
▪ Assist the Director of Marketing in developing and executing customer acquisition, growth and retention strategies and tactics via product and brand image marketing in digital and traditional channels.
▪ Develop strategic plan to identify specific customer targets, market opportunities, and value propositions of potential digital solutions.
▪ Guide the digital strategy based upon knowledge of market trends, developments in technology, and awareness of customer behavior within the convenience industry.
▪ Provide both a bold vision and specific goals for digital and innovation initiatives.
▪ Develop the overall digital customer journey, strategy and prioritized roadmap.
▪ Conduct product marketing campaigns that drive measurable results for new and enhanced products across traditional and digital channels.
▪ Collaborate with Marketing team members and internal and outside resources on digital marketing and advertising strategies and identify new opportunities.
▪ With marketing and consumer banking team members, develop and implement marketing initiatives to support the Mobile Banking App, Online Account Opening (upon launch) and other digital services.
▪ Assist in the launch and management of email marketing and other direct response programs.
▪ Serve as Project Manager on various marketing initiatives to ensure timely and successful planning, implementation and launch.
▪ Work closely with Marketing team members, District Managers and Branch Managers to provide hands-on marketing support, including writing customized presentations, creating a letter library, monitoring in-branch posters and materials for Compliance and brand consistency, and providing onsite support as needed.
▪ Work with the Marketing Director and outside resources to create a quarterly interactive educational customer newsletter to be delivered on the Apple Bank website, via email marketing and possibly in customer statements.
▪ Coordinate and develop marketing activities for third party relationships, such as Visa, Guaranteed Rate mortgage services and others.
▪ Work with the Marketing Director on bankwide brand management, refresh, awareness, and consistency initiatives.
▪ Research and report on market and competitor industry trends and emerging markets, with heavy focus on digital channels.
▪ Analyze and track benchmarks for success.
Apple Bank for Savings | Head of Digital Marketing Page 4 of 4
▪ Work with Public Relations consultant, major Bank sponsorships, districts and branches to maximize public and community relations opportunities.
▪ Assist with Compliance, Audit and Enterprise Risk Management initiatives and follow up.
▪ Assist Marketing Director with annual business plan, budget and budget management.
▪ Work on special projects as requested by the Director of Marketing and the Head of Consumer Banking.
▪ Must have substantial marketing experience in a managerial or senior specialist role in a financial services environment, including both traditional and digital services and product and image marketing.
▪ Hands-on experience in developing and implementing digital marketing and advertising initiatives.
▪ Possess strong financial services product and service knowledge; product management experience is a plus. Public and community relations experience is also a plus. Must have experience in managing outside resources. Experience in managing a staff is a plus.
▪ Excellent writer and strong project manager.
▪ Adept at implementing marketing strategy, tactics and communications and be able to work hands-on from initiation to completion of programs and projects.
▪ Outstanding interpersonal skills be able to work with multiple partners and build consensus at all levels to accomplish Bank goals.
▪ Understanding of regulations as they apply to financial services marketing and advertising and experience working with Legal and Compliance on review and approval of marketing initiatives.
▪ Must be highly motivated to achieve measurable results and able to prioritize and adjust direction as Bank strategies and objectives evolve and change.
▪ Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe InDesign, and Photoshop is required. Experience with Google Analytics and other digital tools is a strong plus.
▪ Must be willing to learn new software and programs as needed, especially in the digital arena.
▪ College graduate with a BA or BS degree preferably majoring in Marketing, Communications, Interactive Communications, English or Journalism.
Principal 200 Park Avenue,
New York, NY 10166