Head of Marketing for a new business venture being developed by Thermacell Repellents, Inc. (TRI) – a private equity-owned company with a mission to liberate people who love the outdoors from the harmful effects of insects. TRI products include the world’s most effective and fastest growing mosquito repellents, leveraging proprietary technology to diffuse a highly effective insect repellent based on a material found in certain plants. TRI has a +20% CAGR since 2014, with worldwide sales today of roughly $70 million.
TRI’s controlling shareholder is TA Associates – a Boston based private equity fund with over $20 Billion in assets under management. TA has more than 50 years of success helping to scale growth companies around the world in five core industries, and they’re one of the top 100 private equity funds in the world.
Thermacell is seeking a resourceful, action-oriented “Head of Marketing” who is driven to lead, and deliver disruptive growth as Thermacell enters new, adjacent categories. This role reports into the company’s CMO (who we recruited in 2016) and is responsible for developing and leading launch plans for a major new venture, and ultimately delivering profitable and successful new category growth. The role is based in Bedford, MA, a northwest suburb of Boston. Assuming most companies return to more normal operations, later this summer, Thermacell expects this new Marketing leader to live in the greater Boston area. Commuting and working virtually are not options at this time.
The candidates we’re seeking should have the following experience profile:
- DTC Acquisition – Success driving acquisition using both traditional and digital Marketing
- Categories – Ideal categories are Consumer Durables, Tech-Enabled Devices
- Subscription Businesses – Entertainment, Home Security, Wireless, Cable/Sat TV
- CRM – Ideally, experience driving loyalty and repeat purchases through personalized CRM
- Large & Small Companies – Ideally, trained in a large company, migrated to small