As a senior member of the Marketing Leadership Team, this role will lead the development and delivery of Fidelity Life and Efinancial’s integrated D2C marketing strategy. With double-digit growth, we seek to make life insurance more accessible and affordable for everyday Americans.
Reporting to the CMO, this position is responsible for customer acquisition and retention campaigns, content management across digital touch points (i.e., websites, social, mobile, etc.), and brand development. .
• Provide strategic and tactical direction for the Company’s marketing presence and campaigns, including company websites, social media, marketing-specific collateral, and communication releases.
• Lead digital content strategy, planning and execution for eFinancial and Fidelity Life to increase organic lead generation and search rankings. Oversee creation, distribution and maintenance of high-impact content including blogs, newsletters, videos, and consumer engagement vehicles. Ensure content is on-brand and optimized for the user experience. Establish measurement and tracking systems to gauge effectiveness.
• Define, develop, and implement marketing strategies to increase customer retention, loyalty, and cross-sell results, grounded in data-based analyses and insights. This includes digital and print communications, Net Promoter Score, and voice of the customer.
• Oversee design and delivery of nurture campaigns that increase prospect engagement and conversion to customers. Leverage testing strategies and tools to refine and reinvent campaigns, continuing to improve learnings and results.
• Set the direction for search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine management (SEM) across businesses. Develop plans to evolve the Company’s capabilities and presence over time.
• Define and build the company’s social media presence from essentially the ground up.
• Maintain and socialize brand standards to be implemented across the organization to provide a consistent user experience.
• Oversee analyses of marketing campaign, programs, and initiatives to demonstrate ROMI. Understand and report on traffic trends, funnel analysis, customer behavior; compile insights, analytics and research to drive ongoing Customer Experience and Marketing improvements across buyer journeys.
• Leverage industry, consumer, and competitive research /reports to draw insights and inform marketing programs. Conduct primary research as needed to inform and assess marketing programs.
• Lead internal team and external agencies/vendors, to create and execute compelling campaigns, content, and marketing programs that deliver results.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, integrated communications, digital marketing, or similar field. MBA or master’s degree in relevant field is preferred
• 14 years’ experience leading teams in D2C marketing environments, preferably in insurance or financial services
• Ability to build vision and transform online presence for customer acquisition; enthusiasm and drive for significant upgrades and improvements in digital experience
• Metrics-driven with a focus on continuous improvement
• Excellent business judgment, analytic, creative, and problem-solving skill, with experience applying these skills to implement ecommerce and digital marketing campaigns for customer acquisition and retention
• Exceptional written communication skills: high-impact marketing assets and presentations; intuitive and well-structured reports and dashboards; and deep-dive marketing analyses
• Expertise in digital best practices, SEO/SEM, mobile strategies, and technologies
• Knowledge of, and experience working with, content management systems, CRM systems, marketing automation tools (Marketo strongly preferred), Analytic Tools (Google Analytics, Optimizely) and online video platforms
• Ability to effectively lead, coach and develop marketing staff; and manage external agencies/vendors
• Superior project and time management skills needed to organize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Strategic thinker and problem solver who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves
• A self-starter and continuous learner who integrates new knowledge quickly into action
• A collaborative style, able to build relationships and work with diverse constituencies; a candid, open communicator, a good listener with sensitivity to multiple styles and perspectives
• Creative and innovative in seeing new possibilities, and resourceful in implementing as appropriate
• Strong leadership presence, character, and integrity; ability to lead and influence up, down and across the organization
• Positive and energetic with a keen sense of urgency and goal orientation
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and be adaptable to changing business needs