Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Merrill Corporation is looking for an experienced Senior Marketing Director to lead the creation and execution of the go-to-market plan for the Americas region in support of the firm’s strategic objectives. This highly collaborative role will be heavily focused on driving demand for our products and services, extending our existing solid brand awareness and supporting sales in order to achieve the region’s overall sales targets. As a senior member of a dynamic, nimble marketing team, you will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and play a crucial role in bringing to market our value proposition leveraging all marketing channels, including in-person events, digital (inbound and outbound), email, social media, mobile and offline. You will manage a small team of marketers, the regional marketing budget and interface with the Americas leadership team, including the Regional Head of Sales and the Head of Sales Enablement.
Specific responsibilities include planning and executing multichannel campaigns to achieve demand targets in the Americas region, communicating plans and activities with sales in order to maximize overall results, allocating budget, defining and segmenting audiences, determining the tactical mix, designing new offers, and setting individual and group program goals and measurement criteria. Additional responsibilities include managing external agencies and internal resources, developing demand creation programs “in a box” for direct and indirect sales, and building/ managing shared demand creation processes with inside/field/channel sales. Demonstrated ability to leverage the power of new technologies in demand creation is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, socialize and execute the go-to-market plan for the Americas region to drive revenue generation, including demand generation campaigns to deliver qualified leads to sales
- Manage a direct team and collaborate with other shared services groups covering Digital, Social, Campaign and Content
- Represent Marketing on the Americas Senior Management Team
- Plan, develop and implement Americas specific marketing programs covering customer and prospect communications
- Partner with and support Sales through the delivery of high impact events, seminars, user group meetings, trade shows, conferences and webinar programs ensuring agreement on priorities, adjusting as required by changing market conditions and emerging opportunities
- Develop and localize collateral, video and audio content for the region
- Own Marketing projections and KPIs, including CAC, ROAS, lead funnel volume, conversion and digital metrics
- Collaborate with Marketing colleagues at HQ, Sales and other Leadership in region
- Work with internal and external resources to establish a common campaign framework for the global marketing community to leverage
- Work with the digital team to ensure inbound traffic is high quality and drives to conversion
- Implement testing methodologies to enhance the demand creation process, including response and conversion rates and multivariate testing in partnership with Marketing Operations
- Juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, high-pressure environment
- Manage and adhere to budget
- Other duties may be assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Behavior
- Team player with cross-functional project leadership skills
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey complex ideas and data in written, presentation and spoken formats to a variety of audiences
- Highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, team environment and is readily adaptable to changing market and organizational requirements
- Can multitask and quickly change course as required by company or market forces
- Highly collaborative
- Demonstrated strong listening, information gathering and empathy skills for uncovering and defining deliverables, needs and outcomes
- Exceptional project and agency management
- Highly creative in the creation of visual and written content
- Bachelor’s Degree. MBA in marketing or related business degree strongly preferred.
- 10 or more years of experience building and leading teams through planning and execution of demand-focused programs and campaigns in B2B marketing (FinTech and SaaS preferred)
- Five or more years of B2B digital/inbound marketing including web, social and content marketing, search engine optimization/search engine marketing (SEO/SEM), association marketing and content syndication
- Working knowledge of marketing automation and various tools, Web content management, Web analytics and business intelligence (reporting and analysis tools)
- Building and managing a shared Demand Waterfall with sales
- Proven record of supporting sales to meet or exceed pipeline and revenue targets
- Experience creating and implementing proven successful, seeding, demand creation, lead nurturing and pipeline acceleration programs
- Previous experience leading a team
- Demonstrated skills in positioning and differentiating products and services
- Budget management. Strategy and Planning. Integrated Marketing.