CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX) is a leading global property information, analytics and data- enabled services provider. The company’s combined data from public, contributory and proprietary sources includes over 3.3 billion records spanning more than 40 years, providing detailed coverage of property, mortgages and other encumbrances, consumer credit, tenancy, location, hazard risk and related performance information. The markets CoreLogic serves include real estate and mortgage finance, insurance, capital markets, and the public sector. CoreLogic delivers value to clients through unique data, analytics, workflow technology, advisory and managed services. Clients rely on CoreLogic to help identify and manage growth opportunities, improve performance and mitigate risk. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., CoreLogic operates in North America, Western Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit www.corelogic.com
The SVP, Marketing will spearhead all aspects of CoreLogic’s Marketing strategy and implementation. They will lead the Marketing verticals of Digital Marketing and web- based Marketing Platforms and Technologies, Sales Enablement, Product Marketing, Client Events, Brand Strategy, Corporate Communications and Public Relations, in order to enhance awareness, build support and increase engagement with the company’s diverse audiences. This role requires significant collaboration with Executive Leadership, Sales, Product Management, and other business units to develop programs and content which ensure business objectives are met. The SVP, Marketing will drive all aspects of CoreLogic Marketing strategy and will lead, coach and enable the Marketing team (35 headcount)— across a complex, but effective matrix —to succeed in achieving organization goals.
Scope of Responsibility
- Brand Stewardship – CoreLogic has built a very successful brand and business, as a market leader in Property Information, Analytics and Consulting Services. This new SVP, Marketing must serve as steward for the CoreLogic brand, ensuring its strategic brand positioning, and related Communications—and the company’s value proposition—are clearly defined, supported, and optimized for growth. Critical stakeholder segments include clients, channel partners, internal Marketing and Sales colleagues, and the press (Business, Financial, Technology). This stewardship will require constant monitoring of the competitive landscape, as well as the ever-evolving needs and expectations of clients.
- Sales Enablement – Working very closely with CoreLogic’s Business Unit and Sales leaders, develop annual strategic and tactical Marketing plans that are consistent with— and supportive of—CoreLogic’s Business Development agenda. These plans must be designed to drive the company’s most critical measures of performance and success: (1) new client acquisition; (2) existing client retention and satisfaction; and (3) cross- selling/up-selling additional CoreLogic solutions to existing clients (where appropriate). This work will also include ongoing review of all CoreLogic Business Development materials and content, ensuring alignment with brand standards, core positioning and Sales plans. Tactics will include: Case Studies (Proven Performance), Sales Collateral, Events, Shows, Exhibits, Seminars, Webinars, Conferences, White Papers, Interviews (Business Press), Direct Mail, Telesales (Scripting), Sponsorships.
- Product Marketing – Partner with the executive management team, individual BU’s, and individual Product teams, to architect, lead and/or influence an integrated Product Marketing strategy for CoreLogic, based on rigorous quantitative analysis and marketplace insight. Utilize relevant market data, consumer/client research and insights, and competitive intelligence to identify new opportunities and needs in the market to further validate and support the expansion and customization of existing products, the introduction of new products, and client segmentation initiatives that will drive Sales and incremental profitable revenue streams for CoreLogic.
- Brand-Building Culture – This individual will champion brand and product-building activities that help enhance a brand/product-centric culture across the CoreLogic organization, whereby all functions truly embrace the fact that the “Brand”—and dynamic products—are what drives client purchase, client loyalty, preference and ultimately, financial performance for CoreLogic.
- Corporate MarCom – Responsible for developing the overall, integrated CoreLogic Communications strategy (and standards for development), based on the company’s (brand) positioning, defined organizational objectives, the competitive landscape, and a deep understanding of key stakeholder needs and expectations. Collaborate with internal colleagues and external agency resources to ensure all touch points and media vehicles— Owned Media (Sales Collateral, White Papers, Web Site and Web Events, Mobile, Blogs, Twitter, E-Mail), Earned Media (SEO, Facebook, LinkedIn, Word-of-Mouth, PR, Business Press), and Paid Media (Display Ads, SEM, Retargeting, Trade Shows, Sponsorships)— embrace and reflect the essence of the CoreLogic Brand, and that these communications efforts are integrated effectively, and produced efficiently.
- Public & Analyst Relations – Lead the annual PR planning process, determining key messaging strategies for a variety of critical constituent groups—e.g., clients, business media, technology media, government—across a wide range of PR vehicles (print press, online media, Google+, and others). Work closely with external (PR) agency partners and consultants to ensure this messaging strategy is delivered consistently and effectively, with an eye towards ROI (earned media, community relations) on all activities. Lead external communications and relationships with key, industry analysts, which will include: 1) briefing them about CoreLogic’s positioning, value proposition, strategy, solutions and services; 2) helping Analysts with specific research requests; and 3) working diligently to persuade these key influencers to represent CoreLogic in a positive way.
- Client Experience – Responsible for ensuring there is clear and consistent alignment between CoreLogic’s fundamental brand promise, and the experience the company creates and delivers to clients, day-to-day. The fact is that in this industry, loyalty is driven by two fundamental forces—the quality and consistency of data and results delivered, and the quality of the experience—for clients—during the engagement. This individual will be responsible for defining, mapping, and ultimately enhancing the overall client experience, by ensuring that CoreLogic delivers a world class experience at each and every touch point, and that each CoreLogic employee (who interacts with clients) understands how to consistently deliver this experience. Success will be measured through client feedback/NPS.
- Research, Insights, Analytics – Strive to continually uncover and identify significant marketplace and consumer/client needs, thereby enabling CoreLogic to set the pace for “what must come next” from an industry standpoint in order to ultimately deliver a line of highly differentiated and preferred products for its clients. This understanding should be leveraged to define new product/technology opportunities worth exploring further via strategy/business case development and measurable, projectable in-market testing. To drive this level of Innovation, work will include: Brand Research (Brand Health Tracking), Product Research (Customer Sat/NPS), Analytics (MMA, MROI).
- Functional Development – Strengthen the CoreLogic Marketing & Lead-Gen team’s functional capabilities and performance, through more formalized training and personal development efforts, and organizational development, over time. This individual will be responsible for enhancing the Communications Strategy, Communications program execution, Lead Generation capabilities, and organizational Marketing capabilities, as a critical driver of enhanced, more tightly integrated Marketing, across the entire organization. This work may also include optimizing the Marketing structure, and deploying best-in-class processes.
- External Partner Relationships – Oversee and manage outside Communications, PR, Marketing and Brand agencies/Consultants, continually checking to ensure that projects are assigned to the best agencies, and that their agencies’ efforts are compelling and driving inquires for CoreLogic’s services, as well as consistency in how the brand is handled across all communications. This oversight should also include monitoring which projects are handled internally and which are outsourced, in order to optimize the cost/quality/timing balance.
- Budget Management – Ensure responsible, timely spending against established annual operating budgets which encompasses internal and external programs, agency fees, media spending, etc. This includes tightly managing both the direct Communications budget, as well as effectively influencing how other Marketing and Product teams within CoreLogic allocate and deploy their Marketing-related dollars.
© 2016 Wiser Partners, LLC
￼￼￼￼￼￼Wiser Partners, LLC | 3145 Lookout Circle, Suite 300 Cincinnati, Ohio 45208 | [W] 513.533.4000 | [F] 866.333.1299 | www.wiserpartners.com
- Revenue & EBITDA
- Client Engagement
- Client Retention (LTV) and Client Satisfaction (NPS)
- Brand Health Metrics (Awareness, Equity, Preference) and Web Traffic • Teammate Feedback (360)
The new “SVP, Marketing” will report to Mr. David Martin, SVP and Global Head of Sales & Marketing. In this role, Mr. Martin oversees Sales and core Product and Field Marketing for Mortgage Solutions, Capital Markets and Government Solutions. In addition, he is partnering with the company’s Distributed Sales teams to boost Sales and strengthen client strategies. He reports directly to Anand Nallathambi, President and CEO of CoreLogic. Prior to joining CoreLogic, Martin served as Managing Director, Americas Sales Marketing and Services (ASMS) for Thomson Reuters. Previously, he spent 13 years at Bloomberg Financial Markets LLC, holding numerous managerial roles, most recently as Global Head of Bloomberg’s Foreign Exchange offerings. Martin began his career as an Operations Manager for Brown Brothers in Boston. Dave earned his BS in Finance from U Mass at Amherst.
Key Internal Operating Relationships
- Segment & Product Leaders • Sales Management
- Product Management
- Customer Service • Finance
Key External Operating Relationships
- Business & Financial Press • Agency Partners
- Competitive base salary
- Performance Incentive bonus (company EBITDA, personal MBO’s)
- Equity opportunity
- Full Health/Dental benefits
- Relocation assistance to the greater Orange County/Los Angeles area (as needed)
- Brand Development – Experience developing Brand Architecture, Brand Positioning, and Strategic Marketing and Communication plans which reflect that Architecture. This could come from a more traditional CPG foundation in Brand Management, or from a B2B Marketing leadership role, in a Professional Services company, where Corporate Branding responsibilities were central to their work.
- B2B/Enterprise Marketing – Significant B2B/Enterprise Marketing experience, from industries such as Technology, Enterprise Software, Financial Services, Information Services, Retail, Telecommunications/Wireless, and E-Commerce, where Marketing is principally responsible for Positioning, Corporate Communications, Brand Awareness, Lead Generation and Sales Enablement.
- Corporate/Marketing Communications – Blue-chip client-side or agency experience with a focus on Integrated B2B Marketing Communications, and preferably in a strategic role. Breadth of experience across all traditional and new media is required.
- Sales Enablement – Superior customer relationship skills and a proven track record of success working within, or alongside, the Selling function (Sales, Customer Business Development, Trade/Customer Marketing) in a Marketing support role—again, ideally in a B2B/Enterprise environment.
- Functional Development – Demonstrated success building functional Marketing capabilities through process design, organizational development, recruiting and hands-on training. Additionally, there should be proven success delivering results with limited resourcespeople, money and time.
Principal Partner – Cincinnati, OH Office firstname.lastname@example.org