ResponsibilitiesResponsible for the strategic direction and functional oversight of the marketing and sales organization for Universal Studios Hollywood including Universal CityWalk. This individual will lead a highly disciplined team in the development and implementation of marketing and sales strategies and programs that build the Universal Studios Hollywood brand as the leading entertainment destination in LA for the global market place, while maximizing revenue and profit opportunities. Specifically, this executive will lead a synergistic, team-oriented department that includes Brand Marketing, Sales Management, Strategy & Insights, Digital Marketing and Public Relations. He/she will also contribute to the broader business dialog serving as a member of the cross-functional Sr. Leadership team responsible for day to day business management and future business strategies.
- Establish marketing goals and strategies that ensure maximum market share and profitability for the company.
- Direct the development and management of both short and long term integrated Marketing & Sales plans that build brand awareness, establish differentiation, and drive profitable actions through paid, owned and earned media channels. Attack business issues with an analytical mindset and an understanding of practical tactics as well as broader strategic actions.
- Act as thought-leader and change-agent for the Universal Studios Hollywood brand including all aspects of brand management and marketing; external communications; industry relations; media relations; and sales and partner campaigns.
- Develop and apply market research and consumer insights to: define business opportunities, identify and target markets, position the brand, develop new products, and effective communication programs, and track and measure results
- Ensure rigor and discipline in the operational execution of company-wide programs that support integrated marketing and business development models.
- Direct all sales activities globally including Corporate and Special markets, Travel Industry sales and Convention and Special Events. Provide leadership direction to the Sales team members on key business decisions.
- Provide strong, effective leadership for the Marketing and Sales team establishing a vision and direction for the operation of the department. Develop and inspire direct and indirect staff, and establish a cross-functional planning and communication process and structure that delivers the marketing agenda and provides flexibility to move swiftly to maximize marketing opportunities and anticipate and resolve problems.
Research and analyze, external forces and factors that may impact performance including economic, technological, competitive and demographics and recommend appropriate actions to capitalized on market conditions and minimize the effects of competitive activity.
- Partner with the Universal Parks & Resorts Marketing executives to leverage capabilities, share best practices and align national and global relationships and initiatives for enhanced effectiveness and greater efficiency
- Assist in the development and recommendation of pricing strategy for the organization which will result in greatest profitability
- Develop and effectively manages complex financial budgets and financial controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
- 15+ Years of well- rounded marketing experience in positions of increasing responsibility, with a focus on strategy and brand cultivation.
- 10 years of leadership experience with the ability to motivate and develop a team
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, demand generation, brand, product and service management, sales and business development; along with a demonstrated track record of achieving extraordinary results.
- Proven experience evaluating and analyzing consumer trends that drive sound product and brand innovation and ongoing program development.
- Experience in theme park, entertainment or travel related industry
- Advanced degree in business, marketing or related disciplines.
- Clearly demonstrates exceptional business acumen, strong analytical, financial and quantitative and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong results orientation and entrepreneurial spirit with ability to anticipate opportunities/problems and implement change to grow the business.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the organizational values.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively inspire, develop and lead a large team.
- Exceptional executive presence, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, with strong ability to collaborate across the business.
- Passionate customer advocacy
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
Sub-BusinessUSH Marketing and SalesCareer LevelExperiencedCityUniversal CityState/ProvinceCaliforniaCountryUnited StatesAbout UsUniversal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
- Broadcast Media
- Media Production
Apply Here – https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/536859349/