TeamViewer , the world;s leading solution for desktop sharing and online collaboration is seeking a Vice President of Marketing for the Americas. The German based TeamViewer GmbH was founded in 2005 and is fully focused on development and distribution of high-end solutions for online collaboration and communication. A fast start and high growth rates have led to more than 1.5 billion installations in more than 200 countries all over the world. The software is currently available in more than 30 languages.
This is an opportunity to lead the marketing function for the company in North America, South America, and Latin America for a dynamic, fast-growing business at a critical juncture. The ideal candidate is a digital marketer at heart, capable of “moving the dial” by implementing a metric-based approach to demand generation, while incorporating local, regional, national and international differentiators. As a thought leader within the organization, the VP of Marketing, Americas must have conviction in executing his/her approach. He/she will be hands-on and executing a strategy with a team of 8-10 staff in the US and alignment with the VP of Sales – Americas.
Functional Expertise: (in descending order of importance):
1. Demand generation. Comes from companies which have enjoyed top line growth but with a relatively low cost-of-sale. Will have worked in sophisticated, fully integrated “sales and marketing” cultures which embrace marketing automation, and the use of data and marketing analytics to understand and drive conversion through the marketing and sales funnel. Brings direct experience in lead qualification and pipeline optimization.
2. Sales alignment. Must have experience working closely and effectively with a senior sales leader. The candidate must know how to embed with the inside sales teams and create talk tracks, and closing techniques. Candidates must know how to create attractive, compelling sales tools and collateral for presentation that’s targeted to prospective clients. It would be helpful to have had previous experience working with a finance department to develop a capital efficient customer acquisition model.
3. Marcom and messaging. The VP of Marketing must have a strong track-record of crafting a compelling message to position TeamViewer in the minds of industry analysts in the US (i.e., AR and PR responsibilities). Qualified candidates for this role must help to propel the TeamViewer brand with customers and prospects, as well as alliance partners. From an internal focus perspective, the candidate must ensure that the employee-base needs to be clear on the vision, excited by the mission and “on message” as to where TeamViewer is heading and its strengths/points of differentiation.
4. Product marketing. The VP of Marketing Americas should have a technical understanding and be able to comprehend, articulate and evangelize a product roadmap.
Past Success working well with PE Sponsors/Owners: Past experience and success scaling private companies through to a lucrative exit would be ideal (although not mandatory – some public company boards are competent and aggressive too). Well-accustomed to working alongside private Board and investors.
Education: Undergraduate degree in Marketing or equivalent is a requirement. MBA would be ideal.
PERSONALITY AND LEADERSHIP QUALITIES
• Solid marketing leader that is experienced in demand generation, managing a full marketing team, and ROI driven.
• Outcome-oriented, enthusiastic self-starter.
• Entrepreneurial, with an understanding of the dynamics of small, high-growth companies, and the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Possesses exemplary leadership, collaboration and communication skills. Track record for motivating and leading high-quality team players who are committed to exceeding customer expectations.
• Confident and experienced decision-maker, comfortable with risk assessment and the ability to assume a leadership role and “push the envelope” when required.
• Metric-driven, operational, quantitative and data oriented.
Seeking qualified candidates interested in working/living in either Tampa/St Pete or Los Angeles
Please reply to Judy@BryantStibel.com