ACalAmp is a public company (Nasdaq: CAMP) that develops and markets wireless communications solutions that deliver data, voice and video for critical networked communications and other applications. CalAmp is committed to being an employer of choice in our industry and is dedicated to providing a rewarding work environment where our employees can flourish.
CalAmp’s Wireless Networks group is a leading provider of SaaS and PaaS solutions for mobile and fixed asset management in transportation & logistics, heavy equipment, rail, electric utility, oil & gas and telematics applications. Wireless Networks solutions include CalAmp’s market leading wireless communications devices for both public and private radio networks, cloud platform services and SaaS applications for fleet, mobile asset, and fixed asset monitoring and control.
Based out of Wireless Networks’ Irvine or Herndon office, the VP of Product Marketing will be responsible for driving the growth of Wireless Networks’ business and leading a small team of product management professionals in the development and execution of Wireless Networks’ compelling and competitive product marketing strategy, including market research & product planning, product requirements definition, sales & distribution strategy, pricing, positioning, messaging and marketing communications program development. The VP of Product Marketing will represent Wireless Networks and support sales in strategic accounts and will work with Corporate Marketing and Business Development to position offerings and support new business opportunities with key ecosystem partners and customers including carriers, OEMs as well as strategic channel and software partners.
This is a key position in a fast paced, rapidly growing business with significant responsibility and opportunity for career growth.
The VP of Product Marketing will be responsible for the overall revenue, product line profitability and revenue growth of the Wireless Networks business, including defining strategic direction & developing specific product, channel, pricing and promotional strategies for the business. The VP of Product Marketing will be responsible for leading the product marketing/management team in the development and execution of business WN business plans and for meeting near term and long term growth objectives. Specifically the VP of Product Marketing will:
- Be responsible for the revenue growth and profitability of CalAmp’s WN PaaS and SaaS product solutions
- Gather market data to understand market opportunities and trends and the competitive landscape and use this information to identify target markets and applications that will drive near and long term growth
- Develop PaaS & SaaS product strategies leveraging CalAmp’s device portfolio, cloud platform and carrier relationships to launch market leading fixed and mobile asset management solutions
- Work with the PM team to develop specific product plans tailored to meet the specific needs of targeted markets/customers
- Identify opportunities to license, integrate, resell and/or co-market third party application software that expand WN’s SaaS product solutions and accelerate entry into new market segments
- Understand Big Data concepts & market trends to leverage data collected from primary market applications can be in secondary markets to enhance solution value, monetize the install base and derive secondary sources of revenue
- Work with Corporate Marketing to establish market and product positioning and messaging and develop overall marketing plans and programs to build awareness and drive sales leads in targeted markets
- Develop channel strategies and work with Corporate Business Development and sales to develop strategic channel partnerships with wireless carriers, enterprise software providers, systems integrators and third party application developers
- Work with Sales and Corporate Business development to respond to RFP’s and assist in closing large deals
- Develop Saas & PaaS value-based pricing models, maintain product line price lists and develop custom pricing as needed to address specific non-standard sales opportunities
- Work with senior management on the development of annual strategic plans, operating plans and strategic initiatives
- Be the internal and external spokesperson for WN’s product lines, product strategy and product road maps and participate and present at key industry conferences to assist in establishing CalAmp as a thought leader in the markets and applications we serve
Experience & Capabilities
- 3 but not more than 5 years’ experience in an engineering or other technical position in a SaaS or wireless products or services company
- 5 to not more than 10 years’ experience in product marketing or product management (titles vary based on company)
- At least 5 years’ experience in a SaaS or PaaS company in a marketing or business development role
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated success in product marketing role
- Demonstrated success positioning and selling high vale software applications or solutions
- Demonstrated success defining, launching and driving revenue growth for multiple new products
- Highly organized, effective multi-tasker who can determine, set and maintain priorities in a highly dynamic organization
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ambitious, energetic, enthusiastic leader who is looking for a challenge and an opportunity to grow personally and professionally with our business