AbacusNext – Vice President of Marketing
We’re here to improve the lives of professionals around the world.
AbacusNext is a leading technology provider for legal, accounting, and compliance-focused professionals. We empower our customers to grow their businesses, better serve their clients, and operate at peak efficiency—all within a secure, cloud-enabled ecosystem.
Our product portfolio includes case and practice management, payment processing, private cloud hosting, and document automation solutions designed to make work easier for more than 1 million global users. Backed by multi-billion-dollar PE firm Providence Equity, AbacusNext is recognized by Forbes as one of America’s fastest growing companies.
AbacusNext was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in San Diego, California, with offices in Toronto, Canada and Edinburgh, UK.
About the Position
We are searching for an experience Vice President (VP) of Marketing to direct and oversee our Marketing department. You will design, implement, and monitor effective and integrated marketing strategies that align with our business goals.
Our ideal candidate has an in-depth Marketing background and work experience managing all key marketing functions, including product marketing, digital, demand generations, communications, channel marketing, industry verticals, customer advocacy, marketing services, BDRs and the Web. Our VP of Marketing will oversee the Marketing team’s strategy and implementation of successful marketing campaigns, programs and initiatives.
• Understand the value proposition of our offerings and drive strategy and execution to increase market share, retain and grow a customer base of more than 13,000.
• Build on your existing familiarity with the legal, accounting, finance, document management and cloud technologies to engage with customers, partners and prospects.
• Effectively manage, lead, and mentor the team responsible for marketing, branding, positioning and communicating the value of our products and services portfolio—including software, private cloud, and hosted solutions—to the verticals we currently serve while creating strategies to break into new ones.
• Oversee messaging to our target audiences. Responsible for strategic positioning and working with outside PR agencies to nurture our relationships with media outlets, journalists, key influencers, and thought leaders.
• Be entrepreneurial, hands-on, flexible, collegial and temperamentally suited to adapt to dynamic markets and business requirements in a fast-paced environment.
• Utilize marketing and sales metrics and KPIs to optimize current initiatives and identify new opportunities and attractive markets.
• Lead strategic development and management of initiatives to drive prospect engagement, Web traffic, client acquisition, product awareness and conversion to opportunities.
• Identify potential customers and research, analyze and define their needs along with existing base.
What You’ll Need
• High energy. You can maintain the same level of intensity all day and won’t let long hours or challenges impact you.
• Competitive nature. You challenge yourself by setting ambitious goals, exceeding KPIs, and helping your marketing teammates do the same.
• Great communication skills.
• 10+ years of Software (preferably within a SaaS environment) marketing experience
• 7+ years’ experience at VP level managing a staff of 10+ and seven figure budgets
• BA or BS degree required; MBA preferred
• Deep experience in high velocity SMB segments in a B2B environment
• Experience in developing ROI-based demand generation campaigns
• An overachiever and collaborative worker
• Proven record of developing and implementing creative, results-oriented programs to improve leadership positioning, build pipeline and expand customer penetration into vertical segments
• Proven track record of creating, driving and executing an online marketing and customer acquisition strategy that resulted in substantial growth
• Proven ability to use data to drive decisions and gain company leaders’ support for marketing initiatives and investments
• In-depth, up-to-date knowledge of digital and marketing automation platforms, including but not limited to Salesforce, HubSpot, Google Analytics, WordPress, SEO, SEM, Social Media, etc.
• Demonstrated success using segmentation of customers and databases to optimize results
• Excellent analytical, business writing and project management skills
• High energy and superior work ethic
• Can-do attitude and ability to manage multiple competing deadlines and priorities
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a resume to: