Waddington North America is currently seeking a Vice President, Marketing & Consumer Business for their location in Chelmsford, Massachusetts. (Relocation assistance will be provided!)
The VP, Marketing & Consumer Business – WNA is responsible for identifying, documenting, and executing a growth strategy for the WNA business. This will be accomplished by leading a team of marketing, product management, and consumer focused commercial professionals to develop, resource, and execute on strategic and annual plans.
Essential Job Functions
- Build and expand relationships with major customers.
- Provide leadership to ensure that all facets of product development, product management, pricing, selling, distribution, and marketing are carried out in a manner consistent with the overall business strategy.
- In order to maintain higher-than-industry profit margin, continuation of the ongoing development of the new product pipeline is of critical importance. Products should be developed to address customer needs; and should be highly differentiated (never me-too) in order to protect premium pricing.
- Identify and evaluate new business/growth opportunities for WNA. Integrate new business as needed.
- Develop and execute a multi-year marketing and consumer plan for business growth, including:
Work closely with VP of Sales in national accounts and foodservice to provide optimization of the overall flagship brand as well as opportunities for synergy in marketing programs beyond retail.
- Work closely with the Director Business development and planning to insure strong alignment in marketing processes, new product development as well as the annual and strategic planning process.
- Be a role model leader for a culture of innovation, creativity, business excellence and market leadership.
- Be able to take on additional responsibility as assigned.
- Portfolio analysis and assessment to identify revenue, EBITDA and growth plans by market and product segments.
- Identification and evaluation of inorganic growth strategies including acquisitions, alliances, licensing, and partnership opportunities aligned with the plan.
- Specifically for our consumer segment, develop a detailed short and long range plan that includes resources, talent, products, target markets, customers, and channel strategy to drive profitable long-term growth in this low share business.
- Data-based analysis of market trends; competitive intelligence, technology drivers and critical customer and end users market trends.
- Oversee marketing communication including branding, public relations, advertising, industry trade events, web design, e-commerce as well as all market research activities.
- Development of creative marketing programs aligned with customer and sales training and overall general commercial support.
- Other Critical Competencies/Personal Attributes:
- Commercial Orientation/Drive for Profitable Growth: WNA enjoys unusually robust margins; and the key to maintaining profitability is innovation driven by customer insight. This executive will stay close to key customers in order to continue developing value-added solutions; this ability will be evident through close customer relationships that lead to strong and profitable sales growth. S/he will be expected to have a diligent eye to develop new customers/channels. As
- Divisional President-designate, s/he will demonstrate an ability to prioritize and sequence growth opportunities.
- Team Leadership: This executive must be the type of leader that can drive for success, while energizing and inspiring team. A creative, resourceful, strategic marketing talent with strong leadership and business instinct and high energy is important. A proven ability to work across all levels of an organization is important; this role requires interpersonal skills with strong hands on approach with a flexible and positive attitude.
- Demonstrated strength in both verbal and written skills.
Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Ability to proactively identify business issues, provide solutions, and execute action plans.
- 10 Years marketing/consumer experience, at least 3-5 years in significant leadership position.
- Ability to manage both at the strategic and operational levels.
- Demonstrated success in development and implementation of marketing and commercial strategies that have consistently delivered planned objectives.
Exceptional leadership skills; ability to collaborate with colleagues and staff to create a result driven, team-oriented culture in the short-term; and transition into a leadership role among them in the mid-term.
- Strong understanding the consumer and branding marketplace and examples of retail platforms rolled out including web, corporate branding with significant business impact.
- A proven track record with P&L accountability for a relevant/adjacent business (plastics, packaging, consumer, etc.) or business unit with comparable scale and complexity to WNA.
- A clear divisional President succession candidate with demonstrated ability to run an autonomous organization. As Divisional President successor, capable and comfortable projecting a positive image of the Company.
About this company
WNA is a leading manufacturer of disposable drinkware, dinnerware, servingware, cutlery and custom packaging with a broad line of upscale products. Known for innovation, WNA designs stylish, quality products that add value and provide solutions for special events and every day. Well-known brands such as Classicware®, Masterpiece™, Reflections™, and CaterLine® emulate the beauty and elegance of permanentware while adding quality, convenience, safety, and practicality. Website: WWW.wna.biz