As an outstanding and experienced operator you will manage and implement the company’s marketing and product strategy across all US and Canada brands. As an integral part of the leadership team you will have responsibility for all online and off line marketing, customer engagement programs, supplier negotiation, relationship management and product development & innovation. The company is widening both its geographical reach into new markets and product range to appeal with a wider customer base and your role will be critical to the successful implementation of this strategy. This is a “hands on” role requiring dynamism, innovation and professionalism.
- Managing the company’s marketing strategy, including creative design, tone of voice, segmented targeting, innovation, customer acquisition and retention
- Being the custodian of our brands, their integrity, reach and appeal to a diverse and expanding audience
- Defining and implementing the marketing and product strategy, including negotiating commercial terms with tour operators (wholesalers), hotels chains, ground handlers and tourist boards
- Full responsibility for the company’s marketing budget, ensuring robust measurement of success and ROI for all activities
- Responsibility for the company’s commercial product related financial targets.
- Delivering a regular and innovative supply of product offers from suppliers to maintain competitive advantage
- Driving further product and destination innovation
Monitoring and acting on all emerging trends, competitor activities and opportunities.
- Embedding Social Media as an integral part of the business so that customer engagement and interaction becomes second nature to Destination Weddings.com
- Responsibility for coop marketing with key suppliers to attract customers, lower cost of acquisition and increase conversion
- Working closely with the whole team to ensure that market leading customer service remains at the forefront of all business initiatives
Desired Skills and Experience
- In depth knowledge of the travel and tourism industry, preferably the North American market.
An outstanding marketeer with a track record of both online and offline customer acquisition success
- Significant experience and competence of managing creative design and advertising
- Excellence in product management, new product development and roll out strategies
- Significant commercial experience including supply chain management and negotiation
- High degree of competence in strategizing product expansion
- A first class communicator with inspirational vision, relationship skills and customer service ethos. First rate expertise in on line strategies for customer engagement and retention
- High degree of competence in strategizing and implementing consistent customer communications across multi channels
- In depth knowledge of social media communication, marketing , research and engagement
- Extensive experience in dealing with the media and media agencies
- A competent leader, decision maker and a team player with ability to work to tight deadlines, deliver results and use initiative.
- The ability to operate at a senior level with competence and gravitas to negotiate and dialogue with business leaders in the supply chain.
- Knowledge of the wedding travel market would be advantageous.
- Location – Company head office in Wayland (Boston) , MA
- Compensation – Salary commensurate with experience
- Schedule – Full time
- Senior Management bonus scheme
- Travel – Frequently to destinations, suppliers’ and other company offices
- Other benefits – 401K, Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Member of the management board
- Reporting to the President/CEO
- Competence in Spanish would be an advantage but not essential.
- Great working environment
About this company
Destination Weddings.com is part of the Destination Weddings Travel Group, providing full-service destination wedding travel and packages for couples across the globe. Combining the personal service and expertise of more than 200 Certified Destination Wedding Specialists with the technology of its informative and easy-to-use website, DestinationWeddings.com is the expert in producing destination weddings that ensure couples experience carefree celebrations that exceed their dreams and desires. As the recognized leader in the industry the worldwide group has helped to plan more than 19,000 successful destination weddings and travel for more than 600,000 attending guests.
The Destination Weddings Travel Group operates out of the US, Canada and UK with 7 brands providing award winning service to over 1500 resorts in 50 countries around the globe.
Technology, leading edge customer engagement and outstanding customer service are at the core of the company’s growth strategy, complimented by a culture of fun, teamwork and hard work. The Group continues to grow quickly and successfully and for the 5th consecutive year has been included in the Inc. 500|5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States.