Austin Fitness Group (AFG) is a rapidly growing, multi-unit franchisee of Orangetheory Fitness (OTF) studios. We are seeking an experienced VP Marketing for our dynamic, fast growing organization. We’re looking for someone who can help build out and execute our marketing strategy to generate leads and grow our membership base. We currently operate 16 studios in two markets – Austin and San Antonio – and will expand into other domestic markets. We are on a steep growth trajectory, having tripled our revenues in the last two years. Position reports directly to the CEO.
• We’re a young / entrepreneurial company, so we’re looking for someone who can develop and execute a comprehensive strategy that encompasses all marketing / media channels – by using National campaigns designed by Franchisor and implementing a regional and local plan, that increases brand awareness at the same time generates qualified leads convertible to new members:
o Create / execute all digital marketing, including multi-channel social media, display, geo-targeting, Conquesting, OTT, Pre-roll, Google ads, online listing, SEO, content marketing, and reputation management.
o Execute optimal mix of non-digital traditional marketing and media including print, direct mail, radio, TV, ‘guerrilla marketing (e.g., sales staff in front of a grocery store), and regional/local city-wide events.
o Utilize content / promotions from the Franchisor, while customizing for local market needs
o Manage earned media and PR groups for city-wide Brand Awareness
• We need someone who can help us improve our data-driven systems / methods for tracking ROI on our marketing dollars through technology
• Create loyalty programs to increase member retention and lifetime value of members
• Manage and grow the marketing department, as we grow our studio count
o Currently oversees Marketing Coordinator, and we’re working to hire a Digital Marketing coordinator
o VP Marketing will initially run marketing in Austin, San Antonio and College Station but will hire additional staff below him/her as we expand into new geographies.
• Help select and manage various third parties (e.g., digital marketing agencies, direct mail providers, PR groups)
• Desire to be an active participant in the Orangetheory system – learn best practices from other franchisees, develop close working relationships with marketing staff at Franchisor, serve on the FAC-marketing committee
• 10+ years’ experience, including running marketing for a multi-site, consumer facing business that operates in multiple geographies
o Experience with middle market companies (<$100M sales) o Experience across various marketing mediums – digital and analog • Proactive, hands-on, and entrepreneurial • Detail oriented and quantitative o Need to accurately track ROI on marketing spend, test / refine different strategies, etc. o Comply with all Franchisor marketing / brand standards • Willingness to travel – based in Austin, but will need to regularly visit San Antonio, plus new markets we add • BA required • Gym/fitness experience (or a passion for Orangetheory) valued, but not required • Competitive base salary and annual bonus; participation in senior management options pool About Orangetheory and Austin Fitness Group: Austin Fitness Group (AFG) is a rapidly growing multi-unit franchisee of Orangetheory. Based in Austin, TX, AFG has 16 units across Austin, TX, San Antonio, TX and College Station, TX. We are backed by ClearLight Partners (www.clearlightpartners.com), a leading middle market private equity firm with significant experience in consumer facing and multi-unit businesses. Orangetheory® (www.orangetheoryfitness.com) makes it simple to get more life from your workout. One of the world's fastest-growing franchise companies with over 1,000 locations, Orangetheory has developed a unique approach to fitness that blends a unique trifecta of science, coaching, and technology that work together seamlessly to elevate participants' heart rates to help burn more calories. Backed by the science of excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC), Orangetheory workouts incorporate endurance, strength, and power to generate the 'Orange Effect' – whereby participants keep burning calories for up to 36 hours after a 60-minute workout. Orangetheory has 1,000 studios in 48 U.S. states and 18 countries and was ranked #60 in Inc. magazine's Fastest Growing Private Companies List. Contact: Paula Comfort - firstname.lastname@example.org