Since its founding in 1999, SolarWinds’ mission has been to provide purpose-built products that are designed to make IT professionals’ jobs easier. SolarWinds offers value-driven products and tools that solve a broad range of IT management challenges across networks, servers, applications, storage, security, virtualization, and more.
SolarWinds distinguishes itself by refusing to accept the status quo established by most other software vendors. The vast majority of IT management tools are difficult to use, expensive, and do not address the realities of today’s real-world IT management challenges. However, the SolarWinds approach is to deliver “unexpected simplicity” and redefine the expectations IT Pros have for software.
SolarWinds is fanatical about putting its users first in everything they do. The company strives every day to deliver powerful functionality that is easy to use with one of the fastest and longest lasting ROIs in the market.
The VP Of Marketing, Will
- Lead digital marketing strategy and initiatives
- Be the expert on all personas of buyers, who they are and how they think, talk, and buy, with a deep understanding of their buying criteria used to solve IT.
- Drive understanding of the customer experience and buying behavior to generate demand (globally) through to buyer purchase interest and fuel year-over-year revenue growth. This includes responsibility for global bookings performance for all Core IT products as success in this role will be measured by growth in revenue.
- Be responsible for positioning that targets new customer acquisition. This position will be directly responsible for marketing and bookings performance across SolarWinds product portfolio.
- Work collaboratively with the SolarWinds’ corporate marketing team to develop compelling content and messaging related to how SolarWinds products solve real-world problems and create and execute a unified brand message to clearly communicate the value proposition of the products, platforms and solutions.
- Strengthen a collaborative, cross-functional culture and successfully influence other business functions and teams, including executive management. Drive tight alignment with engineering and sales organizations. Collaborate with product management and development teams to bring new innovations to market. Work closely with product strategy, analyst outreach and corporate marketing functions.
- Work closely with the SolarWinds CMO and other marketing leadership across all SolarWinds business units to leverage resources, tactics, synergies, and branding at a corporate level.
- 15+ years of well-rounded marketing leadership experience with recent and significant experience in a leadership position for a growth company of significant
- Experience leading global teams spanning all aspects of marketing, including digital (SEM, SEO, display, affiliates, syndication, email, and more), offline marketing, channel partner marketing, customer marketing, events, creative campaigns, content, brand, etc.
- A proven track record of success leading business and go-to-market strategies with in-depth knowledge of leading-edge market product trends, requirements, and competitive
- Ability to understand dynamic markets, make recommendations that generate results, and work collaboratively across functions, including sales, demand generation, corporate marketing, and others to align execution to market
- SolarWinds emphasizes strong growth and profitability. Therefore, the executive must be proficient in P&L/budget management and making tradeoff recommendations that yield the maximum return on
- Experience managing a globally distributed team across a wide range of
- Has delivered a differentiated experience in a crowded market. Successful in crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership
- Previous experience with a high growth organization, and the necessary sense of agility and
- Must have a demonstrated ability to be a constant force for innovation and improvement in the development and marketing of world class products. The ability to attack well-known problems with creativity is important.
- Technically competent and able to understand SolarWinds’ products and customers and their buying
- Experience managing budgets effectively, setting up metrics, and improving business processes.
- Ability to adapt and leverage experience in a dynamic, high growth
- Track record balancing the conceptualization of strategic initiatives with tactical execution.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2019-13893
Position Type Regular
Business Group Core IT
If you would like an intro to the firm on this role, send a note to Dave at email@example.com and he will connect you with the recruiter. Or see below for link to posting on LinkedIn.