The main responsibility will be to manage our regional sales force across the North America. Our client currently has 10 regional sales managers and this number may increase with growth. We are in fact a machine company that also sells tape. It is necessary for the new VP of Sales to have a background in equipment sales or show an ability to work with this technical product.Our expectations are that the VP of Sales will cover and go out to see customers a minimum of 3 weeks per month and when necessary. Must have ability to review each territory at least once per quarter and determine needs or where they are having successes.Primary Duties:
- Have experience in promoting and selling packaging machinery to a distributor network of over 300 across the territory.
- Experience in developing machinery & consumables sales programs and packages.
- Be able to manage sales through our distributor network by developing sales programs and strategies.
- Be able to eloquently and effectively represent our product offerings, which includes: Carton Sealing Equipment, our brands of carton sealing tapes, as well as spare parts.
- Strong Communication Skills and relationship building
- Manage the regional sales managers effectively by analyzing expense reports, sales reports, lead reports, etc.
- Must be a strong leader with excellent organizational skills.
- Manage the budget allocated to sales promotions, marketing, and sales programs.
- Be able to travel 3 weeks of the month in order to visit distribution and implement sales strategies
- The capability to manage and create spreadsheets in order to develop and analyze current sales & marketing strategies.
- Sales Manager must have the abilities to grow existing distributor network as well as build new potential distributors. This includes working with the management team of the distributor as well as making end user calls and assisting their sales personnel in closing sales. Training distributor sales reps are a key part of the position. Being able to teach our regional sales managers to effectively train distributor sales reps and have them understand and be comfortable with our product offerings.
- Be able to train distributors formally with classes of 15-20 people
- Be able to train Regional sales managers to do the same.
- Quarterly reviews of each regional sales reps are expected and sales objectives set annually.
- Knowledge of National Accounts.
- Must report to corporate office in Rancho Cucamonga, CA and live in Southern CA area
What we provide our VP of Sales to manage the territory:
- Laptop computer.
- IPhone (Apple).
- Copy/scanning machine.
- Company owned vehicle.
- Company credit card for business expenses.
- Health Insurance for employee. 100% employee coverage only. Eligible after completion of three months probationary period.
- Dental Insurance for employee. 100% employee coverage only. Eligible after completion of three months probationary period.
- 401K Plan.
- PTO (personal and/or sick time). Twelve days per year.
- Bonus Performance Plan Available We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran status.
You can view all of our jobs online at http://www.appleone.com/?sc=11&id=858359
Must have packaging industry experience.