The trusted connection to the networked world.
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. As a premier global provider of telecommunication services, delivering data, voice, video, and managed solutions leveraging a reliable, secure network, Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries.
Our winning team is the essence of today and tomorrow’s communications.
At Level 3, people combine challenging work with ingenuity to help each other thrive in our global, fast-paced, and growing company. We believe that speaking the truth, doing what we say we are going to do and having passion for delivering an exceptional customer experience drives our success.
Executive leader responsible for marketing strategy, customer experience and product marketing functions within a global organization. Interface with all major organizations globally for input, output and adoption of marketing strategy and customer experience programs. Effective matrix management and leadership through influence will be required as this role interfaces with the CMO, CEO, CTO, CAO, various function leaders and regional business organizations. Provide leadership for developing internal executive communications around marketing strategy and external communications including to the analyst community. Responsible for developing and mentoring direct reports and team members.
- Customer Experience:
- Collaboratively create and execute a global CE vision and strategy. Institutionalize end-to-end CE oversight as it relates to product deployment and lifecycle performance.
- Constant evaluation of broader CE ecosystem and best practices to be leveraged for improving the company platform. Develop standards and methodologies for CE journey mapping to be leveraged companywide. Educate and influence leadership in adopting standards and defining region and organization specific improvement initiatives.
- Evaluate and communicate key drivers of CE differentiation globally. Develop end-to-end experience guidance driving differentiated value in the market and end-to end metrics emphasizing targeted areas and drive both to execution with the broader CE community.
- Marketing Strategy:
- Define and lead strategy projects from conception through analysis, socialization and execution. Work closely with CMO to identify areas for future development and investment.
- Development of short and long-term customer strategies to best target and market to Enterprise, Government and Wholesale companies to drive profitable growth for Level 3. Translate longer-term corporate strategy into near and medium term marketing initiatives.
- Product Marketing:
- Oversight and leadership of global product marketing function responsible for developing value propositions and messaging frameworks for products/solutions and upcoming technologies
- Work in close partnership with product management and corporate marketing organizations to drive consistency in messaging aligned to the high level global value propositions for each segment. Act as advocate for customer needs throughout the organization.
Minimum skills required to perform in this role: Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of relevant job experience with similar essential duties. Degree in Marketing or Business required.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
- Experience: 10+ yrs.
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Field Of Study: Marketing or Business
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
Executive leader with Telecommunications, Network and IT services market knowledge. Strong analytical/quantitative and customer interaction skills required. Management consulting and/or strategy, marketing, product management and/or business development within the communication technology industry. Demonstrated management and leadership capabilities. MBA preferred.
- Government Security Required: No
- Ability to travel regionally and/or nationally as required.
Chip R Borelli