SXSW Interactive is a treasure trove for marketing leaders to learn, network and have some fun with the best of the best in the industry! This year the CMO Club hosted in the exclusive and trendy Record Room and Secret Bar at The W Austin. The CMO Clubhouse at SXSW was a welcomed oasis for many CMOs, improving their SXSW experience, catching up with CMO Club and Future CMO Club Members, hearing innovative panels and, of course, a little CMO Club fun to wrap up the day!
The day started off with the annual CMO Clubhouse at SXSW “Startup Innovation Contest” with CMO Club Judges. We heard from five great start ups: Jaunt, Reply.ai, Pixlee, Fatherly & Snaps. Congratulations to the winners, Jaunt and Reply.ai and a special thanks to our CMO judges:
- Scott Brueggeman, CMO, CyrusOne Date Centers
- Joy Corso, VP Marketing, NORCAL Mutual Insurance
- Emmanuel Laroche, VP Marketing & Consumer Insights, Symrise
- Megan Leuders, VP Marketing, Zenos
- Lee Nadler, Head of Marketing Communications, MINI USA – Division of BMW Group
- Doug Norton, VP Marketing and Sales, Texas Multicore Technologies
- Shawna Olsten, VP Brand, Kit and Ice
- Ethelbert Williams, CMO, InstaNatural
- Arra G. Yerganian, CMO, Sutter Health
After the Startup Innovation Contest, the day was filled with insightful panels on everything from mentoring, to leading the organization outside the marketing department to what it really takes to be a CMO. Here are some of the highlights…
Indubitably, it wouldn’t be a CMO Club event without a little fun interjected…
The day was draw to a close with the The CMO Club Meets The Future CMO Club “Best Bartender Contest!” Our VIP bartenders included: Judy Hackett, CMO, Dun & Bradstreet, Matt Ferguson, Managing Director of Creative, Eliassen Group, Jennifer Warren, CMO, At Home and Andrea Harrison, Head of Global Digital & Social Platforms, Bose Corporation.
And the judges… Arra Yerganian, CMO, Sutter Health, Jason Haikara, SVP, MediaLink and Will Roger, GM, Bars & Restaurants, The W Austin.
These marketing leaders were quite impressive behind the bar and mixed up four fabulous cocktails. Ultimately, Judy Hackett was the top bartender winning the competition!
Thanks to everyone who made this another great CMO Clubhouse at SXSW! See you next year.