The CMO Club, the world’s largest and most engaged community of Senior Marketing Executives, today announced a new member to its advisory board, all-star marketer Carol Kruse, former CMO at ESPN and Cambia Health Solutions. In addition, Carol Kruse will take on the lead role as Advisory CMO for The CMO Club, leading marketing strategy development.
“Our board members’ demonstrated expertise in innovation, customer experience and inspiring others make them each an ideal fit to ensure the value of our programs to CMOs as they join the Club,” said The CMO Club founder, Pete Krainik. “Carol represents the best and the brightest in marketing and she will be instrumental in continuing to curate an environment of openness, collaboration, and engagement that enables members to excel at what they do and solve their biggest CMO challenges.”
The board members will be focused on providing strategic guidance and insights, helping to power the continued explosive growth of the club, and the professional development of its 600+ members worldwide.
“As a member of the CMO Club for almost 10 years, I am thrilled to increase my participation and contribution as an Advisory Board member, continue to be part of an outstanding group of peers who support each other’s marketing missions, as well as create environments that foster lifelong leadership, learning, career opportunities, and friendships for senior Marketing leaders. As Advisory CMO, I look forward to helping the Club experience, the voice of the CMO’s, and the Marketing strategy grow to the next level” said Carol Kruse.
The CMO Club Advisory board members are:
- Phil Clement, recent Global CMO of Aon, currently Managing Partner of Chartwell and an active director and investor. As Aon’s Global CMO and Executive Committee member, Phil focused on the firm’s strategic plans for industry leadership, growth and globalization. During his tenure market cap improved $35BN as he led projects including the global roll-out of SFDC, innovation, client voice programs such as NPS, and a globalized brand through a Manchester United partnership in 120 countries.
- John Costello, former President – Global Marketing and Innovation of Dunkin Brands: John currently serves as CEO of Bottom Line Branding since retiring from Dunkin’ Brands (the parent company of Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins). He previously served as Executive Vice President of The Home Depot, Chief Global Marketing Officer of Yahoo, Senior VP of Pepsi-Cola USA and President of Nielsen US. He began his career at Procter & Gamble and rose to lead all advertising and marketing for P&G’s Beauty Care Division. John is also past Chairman of the Association of National Advertisers, Mobile Marketing Association and Ad Council.
- Trish Mueller, former CMO of The Home Depot: Trish Mueller served as the Chief Marketing Officer of The Home Depot from 2011 until 2016. She is an expert in the retail industry with 30+ years of experience in strategic branding, marketing, advertising, interconnected retail strategy, retail sales management and store operations. Trish has also managed consumer analytics, research insights, gift card sales, CRM, database marketing and strategic business development functions. She is most recently known for successfully driving the shift from print and traditional media channels to digital while CMO of The Home Depot.
- Greg Welch, Senior Partner at Spencer Stuart: Greg Welch is a key member of Spencer Stuart’s Consumer Practice and served as its global practice leader for five years. He also launched the firms marketing officer practice over a decade ago. He is widely viewed to be the search industries leading CMO recruiter, placing many of the world’s top marketing leaders. He is also an active member of the North American Board and CEO practices.
- Kim Feil, former CMO of Walgreens: Kim is the CMO/CSO and Board Director of Aspire Healthy Energy Drinks and President of The CMO Club Chicago. As a former CMO across multiple industries, Kim is no stranger to dynamic market forces facing today’s CMOs. She has been a retailer, general manager, consultant and ecommerce leader in marketing, sales and strategy at OfficeMax, Walgreens, Sara Lee, Kimberly-Clark, Information Resources Inc, Dr Pepper/7UP and Frito-Lay, giving her a unique 360-degree multichannel perspective. Kim will share her unique insights on the strategies marketing leaders need to adopt and master in order to thrive.
- Carol Kruse, former SVP and CMO at ESPN and Cambia Health Solutions; current Independent Board Director at Valvoline, Inc: Prior to that Carol spent nearly 10 years at The Coca-Cola Company, serving as VP of Global Digital Marketing from 2007-2010, and VP of North American interactive marketing from 2001 to 2007. Carol was also an early employee and leadership team member at three Silicon Valley start-ups; one of which went public and another, which Carol co-founded, was purchased by The Coca-Cola Company.
About The CMO Club
The CMO Club is the world’s most engaged and inspired community of Senior Marketing Executives who help each other solve their biggest challenges, within a candid, trusted, and sharing environment. Collaboration fueled by inspiring events and within the members-only Digital Solutions Clubhouse raises the standard for what is required to be a successful Chief Marketing Officer. With more than 600 members in 30 chapters globally, The CMO Club is the go-to center for today’s Senior Marketer for peer-based personal and career success support. For more details, please visit www.thecmoclub.com.