Top 10 Questions to Ask When Interviewing for a CMO Position
- Can you please explain the company-wide annual and quarterly planning process in detail?
- Is the company willing to sacrifice substantial revenue for the customer? What are the parameters?
- What are the current problems with the company’s internal and external culture?
- What percentage of annual revenue is allocated to marketing?
- What type of CMO do you need most?
A growth CMO?
A commercial CMO?
A strategic CMO?
- As CEO, what motivates you in life?
- What do you dislike the most about the board?
- What would my top two challenges be?
- Why is the last CMO being replaced? Did he/she leave on their own accord or were they forced out?
- Are you ok if I want your job?