Events are great opportunities for face-to-face connections that facilitate conversations and help you share your brand story with current and prospective customers alike. But they are also heftier investments from a budget, resource and time perspective. Thus, quantifying, measuring and proving event success is critical to identifying how best to share results and guide future investments. The CMO Club, in thought leadership withåÊCvent, developed a CMO Solution Guide on Modern Event Marketing to address this key challenge and shed light on how technology-managed events are a ÛÏprove-ableÛ asset vs. an expense.
The study shared in depth perspectives from six CMO Club members and revealed five key actions that help to improve how organizations measure the ROI of event marketing as well as steps needed to create more impact with face-to-face events. These included:
- Closing the loop within your lead management system
- Measuring both the experience and sales impact
- Setting appropriate goals for each event
- Establishing marketing and sales plans for each event
- Delivering a meaningful experience for prospects and customers
You can download the CMO Solution GuideåÊhere.
Our joint research is further supported by additional content published by the Aberdeen Group, which shares the advantages of using event technology to enhance marketing performance. AberdeenÛªs study shows that the adoption of event management technology for marketing has more than doubled. Why? Because itÛªs working!
Event marketing technology:
– Generates an average 66% return on marketing investment
– Shortens the buyerÛªs journey 5.3% year over year.
– Produces a 9.9% increase in marketingÛªs contribution to revenue year over year.
For CMOs who see the value of leveraging event marketing technology, but need a roadmap for success, the research also givesåÊseven actionable stepsåÊthey can take to win investments in event marketing technology. To get all the insights, readåÊMaking MarketingÛªs Case: Profitable Events Powered by Technology.