It’s that time of year…the Grammys, the Super Bowl and marketing being front and center with new innovative twists. Simultaneously, technology continues to offer old-turned-new marketing opportunities for enterprises, brand safety is becoming more of an issue, and C-suite executives may understand the role of a CMO more than we think.
Check out these recent stories making headlines in the marketing community:
- The Super Bowl is almost here—and already, Hyundai and Anheuser-Busch InBev have already confirmed their commercials will be philanthropic. Find out why experts are projecting more cause-based ads this year, and the risks for brands in doing so. Read the article here.
- IBM’s Watson is back: this time, at the Grammys! IBM’s artificial intelligence partnered with The Recording Academy to analyze celebrity fashion—and provide a whole new interactive experience for fans. Check out this Newsweek article, which explains how Watson’s Fashion Dashboard technology works.
- Have handwritten notes gone the way of the dodo? Not if they’re digitally created…AND hyper-personalized. Research shows handwritten notes have incredible open rates—and Bond Groups is one new company offering a unique digital service that enables enterprises to mass-produce (and send) notes using their own handwriting style. Read all about this old-made-new marketing technique it here.
- According to a new study, 75% of companies have been affected by brand safety on social media—but only 26% are taking action to shift their marketing strategies. This article shares which platform is considered the most brand-safe for your corporate reputation, and other interesting stats about the cost of digital damage to your brand.
- CMOs are increasingly being invited to C-suite “table.” But what do fellow executives actually think of their marketing counterparts? Professional services firm Egon Zehnder interviewed a number of C-suite leaders to get the answers.
Have you registered for the CMO Club’s Spring Innovation & Inspiration Summit yet? Click here for more information and to register for the event April 18-19 at the gorgeous Ritz Carlton in Marina del Rey, California!