This week, we are turning our spotlight on Marta Velasco, VP of Marketing for JDC Healthcare Management and Dallas Chapter CMO Club member.
1. What was your first (or favorite) job?
My favorite job is my current job. I’m delighted and inspired to be leading marketing and building a patient-centric culture at Jefferson Dental Care.
2. What are the 3 most important components for your personal and professional success
Integrity to all stakeholders, creative curiosity, and data-driven.
3. Name an “inflection point” experience that prepared you for your current position.
Am I cheating when I say that the end of every quarter feels like an inflection point?
4. What characteristics do you value most when hiring new marketing talent for your team?
Entrepreneurial spirit, results-driven, change makers, and idea generators.
5. What technology are you looking forward to using or implementing for your brand in the next six months?
Playing around with Google AMP.
6. Which book would you recommend to your fellow CMO Club members right now?
“The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck” by Mark Manson.
7. Name one Head of Marketing who impresses you today and tell us why.
Marie Gulin-Merkle, CMO at L’Oreal. She has incredible foresight into emerging digital trends and the talent to translate them into meaningful marketing campaigns. She’s a creative force.
8. Do you have a personal mantra, words of wisdom or favorite inspirational quote?