As I’ve been traveling cross-country to participate in CMO Club Chapter dinners, I’ve asked several CMOs to share their favorite podcasts.
What are they listening to? What types of programs resonate most with them? And what would they recommend other CMOs start listening to?
Here, in no particular order, are their top 15.
1. Start with Why: Based on the success of Simon Sinek’s famous book, David Mead and Stephen Shedletzky share stories and interviews with people who are living examples of putting the “Why” into action.
2. HBR IdeaCast: A weekly podcast by the Harvard Business Review, featuring leading thinkers in business and management.
3. No Agenda Show: Hosted by Adam Curry and John C. Dvorak, this twice-weekly podcast focuses on recent news and media memes (with no agenda, of course).
4. Tim Ferriss Podcast: Often referred to as “the Oprah of audio,” Ferriss interviews leading celebrities and experts from a wide range of industries to extract tactics, tools and routines that listeners can use.
5. Gary Vaynerchuk Podcasts: Also known as “The GaryVee Audio Experience,” Vaynerchuk uses his podcasts to share keynote speeches on marketing and business, segments from his video series, interviews, news and more.
6. Disrupt Yourself Podcast with Whitney Johnson: Multi-author and disruption expert Johnson conducts interviews with disruptive innovators and personal disruptors.
7. Masters of Scale: LinkedIn co-founder and Greylock partner Reid Hoffman shows how companies can grow from zero “to a gazillion.”
8. This Week in Startups: Jason Calacanis and guest experts discuss the best, worst, most interesting and outrageous stories in tech entrepreneurship.
9. How I Built This with Guy Raz: This NPR podcast features stories of innovation and entrepreneurship behind some of the world’s most famous companies.
10. Renegade Thinkers Unite: Award-winner marketer, author, entrepreneur and Renegade CEO Drew Neisser focuses on marketing innovators—uncovering the why, what and how behind their ongoing success.
11. Marketing Today with Alan Hart: This podcast goes behind the scenes with the world’s best marketers and business leaders. Learn what makes a great brand, marketing campaign or turnaround—and how you can unleash your potential.
12. The Book Review Podcast: This weekly New York Times podcast takes listeners inside the literary world, interviewing authors about their latest books.
13. 10% Happier with Dan Harris: Based on his bestselling book “10% Happier,” Harris talks to smart people about balancing ambition while striving for enlightenment.
14. The Moth: Since 1997, The Moth has presented thousands of stories told live. Each show starts with a theme, with storytellers sharing their unique experiences—without notes.
15. Brands Backstage – Artists and their Brands: I am so pleased that our members are enjoying and recommending this CMO Club series! In partnership with FlyteVu, I interview some of today’s hottest artists about how they engage and build their fan base and work together with innovative brands.
Do you listen to these podcasts? Are there any others you would add to this list? Add your comments below!